Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:49 pm
The book of Acts describes how the Way was spread through speaking in the synagogues in every city, even the Greek and Roman cities. In order to convert the Jews and non-Jews, the apostles would have had to have some formidable eloquence...as those nations already had their own beliefs.

I am absolutely tongue-tied about presenting the Gospel, except in the presence of someone who is begging for enlightenment. How do I gain eloquence to talk to the rest? Do I pray for the gift of being able to speak, or get tutoring somewhere, or just ask for an Aaron to do the speaking for me?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:40 am
I have the same problem. I stand up for what I believe when I am challenged, but don't go looking for discussions on the Gospel. And then there is the problem that now that I have discovered the Hebrew roots of my faith, is there something I should be doing differently? I wonder people with a Hebrew mindset do when sharing the Gospel. I know it matters what you do to obey Adonai as an evidence of your faith, but what do we do when nobody's interested? We have to be careful not to act like the Greeks did and only discuss our beliefs without actually acting on them. Well, I have more questions than answers!  

grani4fam1

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:58 pm
All good points!
When it seems nobody's interested...people are always watching, so we are always witnessing with our lives. Even those who have actively rejected Christ will still be paying attention, and there are many testimonies of those who initially cursed God but repented later and became faithful.  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games