Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply How to generate gold without begging
MORE GOLD = MORE PRIZES!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tilbear
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:37 pm
I love all these raffles that are coming out!
But 5 gold won't go very far.
Uping the price to 50 gold makes sense to me. Heck that's 2 puzzles and I have enough gold to enter.
Just a thought.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:19 pm
ya same here  

dragon3gg

nikki-lightyear

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:07 pm
i agree  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:38 am
I agree too! biggrin  

Alchemist of the Twilight

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:02 pm
I think that raffles should be priced based on what's up for grabs. It makes sense to those that put these items up for raffle and want to actually get something out of it.

raffle funds should recoup at least part of the market value of the item.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:30 pm
yeah, raising the price could also put more gold towards just the guild in general, and it makes sense to base the price on the item being raffled. I mean, you don't pay a quarter to get a raffle ticket for a car giveaway, or twenty bucks to win a set of bath stuff.  

Ravenlady13

tilbear
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:52 pm
Ravenlady13
yeah, raising the price could also put more gold towards just the guild in general, and it makes sense to base the price on the item being raffled. I mean, you don't pay a quarter to get a raffle ticket for a car giveaway, or twenty bucks to win a set of bath stuff.

Yes, you are right about the "what" and "how much for it". But when I wrote this I was trying to help a friend. Here my friend was selling tickets dirt cheap, and someone else started the same lotto, but their price per ticket was more then double...a lot more then double. My friend was trying to help people out, offer them something they may not be able to get, and he wanted to raise the price per ticket. This is LOH, a place to help not take advatage of people.
So yes, my friend was trying to help.
Yes, it is worth the price.
And I trust this Guild to pull or remove posts, that they feel are unfair or ripping off LOH members.
I thank you for asking your questions and I hope that you feel my answers are fair. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:07 pm
i argree mega time  

mummy prince

Krusadin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:28 am
This honestly could work.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:04 pm
I agree  

xToxicStarx

How to generate gold without begging

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff