Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Learning, Japanese 

Reply The Japanese Guild
New to Japanese...help would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

m a n a `e f e x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:34 am
Hi, my name is Sydne. I am about to graduate from my senior year in high school. I'm hoping to become an exchange student in Japan for my senior year, but in order to that I need to learn Japanese. I know a few phrases so far and I'm studying hiragana, katakana, and sentence structure, but I can't do it all on my own. I need someone to talk or write to. Also, how important is it that I learn kanji? If you could help I would appreciate it very much =)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:17 pm
No one? =(  

m a n a `e f e x

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:03 pm
This guild is kinda dead... xp I can help you some. You need to learn kana for sure, as for kanji, to read a daily newspaper, you need about 2,000 kanji which are all taught in elementary and high school, so you'll have to find someone to help you with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:39 pm
Hermonie Urameshi
This guild is kinda dead... xp I can help you some. You need to learn kana for sure, as for kanji, to read a daily newspaper, you need about 2,000 kanji which are all taught in elementary and high school, so you'll have to find someone to help you with that.

Well actually, you learn the kanji in elementary school and middle school nesessary to read the Japanese newspaper and stuff, and in high school you just learn new harder kanji but you don't learn much. What my teacher said was that in my 6 elementary school years you learn the same amount of kanji as my 3 middle school years. So you do twice the work of kanji in middle school...then in high school it slows down.  

Tanu-chan
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

benevolence dragon

2,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:19 pm
you should try to learn kanji, i think its important but im not a teacher so you would need to find someone else  
The Japanese Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games