Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Learning, Japanese 

Reply The Japanese Guild
Opinions needed about possible new online Japanese site.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you be interested?
  Yeah, of course!
  Yeah, but only if it was free.
  Maybe.
  Not really, depends on how much and what's offered.
  Not at all. Go away.
View Results

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:36 pm
Since January I have been working at a language school in Gifu, Japan as an English teacher. The owner of the school is interested in offering online Japanese classes via chatrooms and webcams. Students will be able to have classes with native Japanese teachers, as well as other foreign teachers who can speak Japanese (most likely me as the other teacher whose Japanese is really good is going home to America in a week).

The catch is, she wants to charge a minimum fee for this. Various resources would be available, as well as schedules of when certain teachers would be available. For one price you could take as many of the chat/webcam lessons as you wanted.

Details aren't worked out yet, but I'm interested in knowing if anyone would be interested in such a service or not, and if you are, how much you'd be willing to pay by month, or if you'd rather pay per lesson.

Also, what would you like to see in such an online lesson service? This wouldn't be like a lot of the pages out there that has learn-it-yourself stuff, this would be actual lessons with actually teachers.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
I would but how much would it cost and what is the name of this site question 3nodding biggrin  

dell in the house

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:49 am
From what we've been told, each teacher will be able to set their own price per lesson. Lesson will be available in 30min, 60min and 90min sessions, and will be private (no group session yet). Trial lessons look like they'll be set at about US$10, but I'm not sure on the exact figure yet.

The site isn't up and running yet. As soon as it is, I'll post a link.

I'll also make you guys figure out which teacher is me. twisted  
The Japanese Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff