Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

o_0whisper0_o

2,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:55 pm
i dont fear death cuz were all gonna die someday n i think dieing is easier than life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm
Who isn't afraid to die? But honestly, I don't think death is the end of the world. I know this goes against my religion, but I actually believe in reincarnation. I just find it hard to believe that each of us only get one life! I think souls are recycled. We can always come back as someone (or something) else. We may never have the same body again, but I think the soul is eternal.  

lolitaninja

Liberal Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:27 pm
lolitaninja
Who isn't afraid to die? But honestly, I don't think death is the end of the world. I know this goes against my religion, but I actually believe in reincarnation. I just find it hard to believe that each of us only get one life! I think souls are recycled. We can always come back as someone (or something) else. We may never have the same body again, but I think the soul is eternal.

I don't believe in reincarnation, or an afterlife, or souls, or anything, but I don't really fear death. Actually, I would be more afraid if I thought there was an afterlife. I just can't see how it could possibly be a good thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 am
Maggoty Anne
lolitaninja

I don't believe in reincarnation, or an afterlife, or souls, or anything, but I don't really fear death. Actually, I would be more afraid if I thought there was an afterlife. I just can't see how it could possibly be a good thing.

I don't know what you're idea of an afterlife is, but it's probably not as bad as you think. What I'm saying is that it's possible that we may come back as somebody else...on earth. I believe that we all become ghosts looking for a fresh vessel (in other words, a fetus!) to take over. We occupy the same space on this planet, but just on a different plane of existence. I know it sounds a bit far fetched, but there have been recurring signs that this may be true. For centuries, many people have claimed to see ghosts. And I don't doubt the numbers! It may not be what you believe in and maybe this isn't the place to talk about this kind of stuff. But it gives me comfort and, therefore, makes me fear death even less.  

lolitaninja

Liberal Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 pm
lolitaninja
Maggoty Anne
lolitaninja

I don't know what you're idea of an afterlife is, but it's probably not as bad as you think. What I'm saying is that it's possible that we may come back as somebody else...on earth. I believe that we all become ghosts looking for a fresh vessel (in other words, a fetus!) to take over. We occupy the same space on this planet, but just on a different plane of existence. I know it sounds a bit far fetched, but there have been recurring signs that this may be true. For centuries, many people have claimed to see ghosts. And I don't doubt the numbers! It may not be what you believe in and maybe this isn't the place to talk about this kind of stuff. But it gives me comfort and, therefore, makes me fear death even less.

It is the "eternal awareness" of the paradise-type afterlifes that bothers me. Reincarnation sounds much better than anything else, but if it's never-ending then I don't like it. Buddhism and Hindu believe that reincarnation will cease after enlightenment, do you believe it will continue on forever?

I remember reading in a book by Terry Pratchett about these pixies called Nac Mac Feegle, who believe that they are dead and in the afterlife now. So when someone "dies" they have to put up with being alive again, but they'll be back soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 pm
Maggoty Anne
lolitaninja
Maggoty Anne
lolitaninja

It is the "eternal awareness" of the paradise-type afterlifes that bothers me. Reincarnation sounds much better than anything else, but if it's never-ending then I don't like it. Buddhism and Hindu believe that reincarnation will cease after enlightenment, do you believe it will continue on forever?

I remember reading in a book by Terry Pratchett about these pixies called Nac Mac Feegle, who believe that they are dead and in the afterlife now. So when someone "dies" they have to put up with being alive again, but they'll be back soon.

Actually, no, I don't believe it will continue on forever. I think it can continue for as long as one want's it to continue. If you feel satisfied with you're past lives and have reached all the goals you have hoped to achieve, then you can break from the cycle of rebirth and be free of all the pain, suffering, trials and tribulations that come with life on the physical plane of existence. It's something like nirvana in a way.  

lolitaninja

Liberal Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Padli Andel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:53 pm
No we shouldn't  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:44 pm
No we should not, Death is unavoidable, what point is there to continue fearing the unavoidable?  

Icy-Determination_020

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 am
I don't fear death, I hate it. I hate that it takes my loved ones away, babies, young friends and cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. It causes so much suffering. My brother almost joined them on my wedding day, but thankfully was only left with bruises and a concussion from his car accident.
I understand that it's life, but you try telling a woman that when she's burying her 3-year-old daughter. My niece barely met her brother when she died. No explanation, her heart simply stopped beating. Tell me, how is that fair at all? That's not something to be feared, it's something to be hated.
I do believe in an afterlife, but that doesn't mean I'll ever get to see them again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:16 pm
Death is but the natural course of things, if no one ever died Life would lose its sweetness. Eventually we would over populate and would over run the planet killing each other.
Death is a long awaited friend, awaiting at the end of our long journey, waiting to lay us to rest so that we may know peace and serenity.

In death there is no pain, there is only what is. We no longer have to fear the actions we take and how they will ripple out ward, affecting others.
We can let go of all the petty earthly entanglements that bind us, the need for material or perceived wealth and status. We no longer care about our image, our emotions no longer cloud our minds, blinding us to the truth.

The need to be heard, the need to be, our desire for purpose and acknowledgement, greed and petty pride all fade away.

Death is beautiful when it comes at the end of a long and fruitful journey.
Death is twisted when it comes to early or at a perceived bad time.
But it is death that tempers us, it is death that makes us realize that tomorrow could be our last and that we should do all we can in the little time we are given.

Death is bitter sweet, for though it takes from us it also gives to us the ability to enjoy the sweeter things, it can destroy us to lose some one but it gives us a chance to rise from the ashes and become stronger.

I could keep writing but I'm starting to fade into other thoughts stressed  

Icy-Determination_020

kraze4kaos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 pm
I used to fear death. I think I start to panic when I was about early 7th grade? I had grown jealous of old people who lived until they are 113. I had wished Vampirism was real. Then around the middle of 7th grade, I was introduced to a book called Tuck Everlasting. I read it along with an audio book, and I have to thank that book. It taught me the greatest reasons of being dead compared to being alive. It taught me that I am not alone, everyone goes through it and its natural. That's when I came to realize, I had witnessed all of these funerals I had went to. Its not that bad, everything and everyone seemed sad at first, but it brought everyone together again. The funerals my family has is like celebrations but respectful. Just recently I had finished a 90's-2000's tv serious "Six Feet Under". Its a about a family who owns and lives in a funeral home. It shows you how real death is. I recommend it to everyone. At the end of the series, it blew my mind how real death is. It was unexpected, painful but so truthful. That too had taught me, facing death is scary, but once you push through it, its entirely not that bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:32 pm
Also another thing to add. Bare in mind, this might go against religious beliefs as well as Atheism but I was watching a ghost story video. I looked at the comment section (incase there is a jumpscare, i hate those). I saw that someone posted "A committee of scientists have some belief in ghosts because once energy is created, it cannot die." I looked up information about energy and its true, once created it cannot die. It has to go somewhere. So, will we become ghosts one day? I think that would be pretty neat! biggrin  

kraze4kaos

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces