Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aribella_Adrieanna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:36 pm
Imzy
You might be in the SCA if...

...your mom buys you a velvet bedspread and the first thing you can think of is, "Oh, that would make a GORGEOUS dress.... and it's got fringe! Built-in trim! Score!!"

...it really /does/ make a gorgeous dress, and yes, the fringe does in fact make great trim.

LOLZ!! that's so me!!! xD
ps. I have seriously thought more than once about cannibalizing my bedskirt for its lace. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm
Imzy
littlegreengirl
- after an event, when you and your household first go offsite to eat (in garb), you wonder why everyone is staring at you, and why do they dress so funny?

Hee! Freaking the mundanes is /fun/, though!

my friend and i did that in a starbucks once...it didn't help that the day was hot and we were shedding layers like nobody's business (subsequently we only had on about a third of the proper layers...LOLZ) and we looked really funny. xD  

Aribella_Adrieanna

Aribella_Adrieanna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 pm
Red Zomby

-If you're the ONLY kid people cheat off of in history.

OMG!!! That totally happens to me!!!! *irritation*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:18 am
-You're so addicted to ductape, you made you school backpack out of it and put the kingdom seal on it (I shall post pictures)
-You get random letters for your persona in the mail but you never get mail for your real self
-You stop at a store on the way home from an event/war/practice and accidentally call the clerk milord/milady
-You spend hours doing research for your persona, but you won't do your homework
-You're dissapointed because freshmen don't get history class at you school (Seriously wtf was up with that?)
-You get into arguments with your teacher about the orgin and uses of henna and many other things
-You get extra credit in history for doing chainmail in class
-You tell the teacher you spent the weekend in the middle ages, watching people kill eachother, and killing people yourself and she sends you to the office
-You can't have the ninja v.s pirate argument with your friends because they compare Pirates of the Carrabian pirates to Naruto ninjas
-Since you were little, you watched the history channel instead of cartoons
[That's all I've got so far xD]  

MorganOfCalafia

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:20 am
Haha, they're still awesome xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:07 am
LittleGreenGirl
... you actually get excited by the idea of inheriting not money, but a sewing machine.

That's me!! lol
my grandmother had a professional embroidery machine that, for some insane reason, did patterns that looked like Celtic Knotwork (not period, i know, but my embroidery really sucks sweatdrop ), and I had a complete fit when she gave it to a non-sewing aunt.
Now I'm just waiting for something to happen to her sewing hand...muahahaha.... twisted
not really; but STILL! why give the embroidery machine to someone who hates sewing???? and not the person who would love you forever is she happened to receive one??? *shakes head in frustration*  

Aribella_Adrieanna

Aribella_Adrieanna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 am
MorganOfCalafia

-You spend hours doing research for your persona, but you won't do your homework
-You're dissapointed because freshmen don't get history class at you school (Seriously wtf was up with that?)
-You get into arguments with your teacher about the orgin and uses of henna and many other things
-Since you were little, you watched the history channel instead of cartoons
[That's all I've got so far xD]

- You have to EXPLAIN to your history teacher why there is a random page of period research in your notebook instead of your homework...'Well, y'see, my friend told me that if i didn't have my persona perfected by this weekend..." My dad's friend is the one who got me interested in the SCA, and once she threatened to leave me behind if i didn't have my persona done by the time of the event. (My first event)
- I KNOW RIGHT?!?! But this year we're going to cover the Dark Ages, Medieval, and the Renaissance and Reformation. Heh heh heh...
- My teacher wouldn't believe me when I tried to tell him that a fake plastic circlet with a yeoman's tunic wasn't period. *shakes head* He is so confused.
- ...And you've tried to look up a show you saw on armor years ago for use in class.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 pm
Jeeze I've been in the S.C.A for over 10 years and I'm not even close to having my persona done.

In 7th grade we did the Middle ages, Renaissance, and Reformation. That was the class I got all sorts of extra credit in for doing chainmail and bringing in pictures and stuff  

MorganOfCalafia

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 pm
Here's a coupple more I forgot that are true for my household xD
-Your mother is expecting and you keep suggesting Gaelic names. I wanted her to name it Llenlleawg but it's gonna be a girl
-Your mother is expecting and is serriously considering naming the kid after her S.C.A persona
-You're starting a ship with all the other kids in the household and you and your quartermaster are building a brig
-You feel like crying because you won't be able to go to highland or great west because your mom's baby is due the weekend of great western T__T
-You have an over-abundance of garb and no mundane clothes  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:01 pm
I saw this one on a website and couldn't stop laughing
-the gynecologist asks "When is your period?", and you answer "Early 14th century".

http://riventree.com/jeff/sca/ykyitscaw.html#YKYITSCAW  

MorganOfCalafia

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:03 pm
This one has probably been said already but...
-When you are invited to a Halloween party with a bunch of other SCAdians and on the invitation it says No garb, it's cheating!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff