Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Creative Writing Quote Assignment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  <3
View Results

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:00 pm
Another assignment for creative writing. I want to see what you guys come up with for these so feel free to post your own stories! NOTE: I do not usually put spaces between paragraphs but gaia is not reading my indentations so I did that to make it look better.

Assignment: Take one of your favorite quotes and wrap it into a short story, prose, or poem. Make sure you keep consistent to the theme and feel of the quote.

Quote: “My hands are tied and my feet are glued to this path, but I walk it proudly. I do not fear death. I walk toward it willingly, safe in the knowledge that my death will make a difference,” and, “Live for tomorrow so if tomorrow never comes, you’ll have no regrets about today.” (Carpe Diem.)

He was a wise friend. She could always turn to him when she needed advice. His many vices had caused self-inflicted misery, yet he was always able to maintain a positive outlook on life. Bedridden with terminal illnesses, he was diagnosed with lung cancer and chances of kidney failure at a young age. Still, his short life was well-lived.

Looking over the funeral pall, she was reminded of his constant high spirits. Through all the hardships he faced during life, he was always able to muster up a smile. She remembered asking him one day why he wouldn’t give up his vices- why he put himself through such torture only to live in continual fear. Never in her life will she forget his response.

He told her, “My hands are tied and my feet are glued to this path, but I walk it proudly. I do not fear death. I walk toward it willingly, safe in the knowledge that my death will make a difference.” The confidence in his voice and smile would send shivers down her spine. Is he trying to kill himself? She would imagine him trying to sleep, only to fall short of breath before he reached that goal. It horrified her.

She thought about her response. How stupid she now felt for not understanding his intentions before. “Of course your death will make a difference,” was all she could say. Now, as she stood in front of the altar overlooking the mourners, she spoke the words that he now could not.

“His hands were tied and his feet were glued to the path, but he walked it proudly. He knew he was going to die. He knew that he was going to die whether he had vices or not. His life was short lived and he finished it off doing exactly what he wanted to do.” She paused and looked around at the crowd. A few people nodded in agreement, but most looked aghast that she would ever suggest such a thing. She continued, “He did not fear death. Death is nothing to be afraid of. He knew that. Instead of living in fear and constant worry, he walked toward death willingly. He knew that his death would make a difference. He was always so sure what he wanted out of life, and, when his time was up, he was positive he had achieved his goal,” she paused again. “His one and only goal in life was to live.”

Tears filled her eyes but she noticed more of the crowd agreeing. She had only one more thing to say. She said what she should have said to him before he passed. “Every death will make a difference. Whether the difference is positive or negative depends strictly on how you lived your life. You get to chose; today, tomorrow, and until your resting day; if you will have an impact on one life, or one-hundred. His life, and death, affected hundreds. Yours may not. One way or the other, your death will make a difference, as his did. Life your life so you don’t have to die to prove that point. Live for tomorrow so if tomorrow never comes, you’ll have no regrets about today.”

All throughout the funeral parlour, people bowed their heads in silence. She followed in suit before silently stepping down for the next person to talk. As she walked passed the coffin again, she placed a hand on his pall and whispered, “I hope you heard that. Rest in peace.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:38 am
I got a 98 on this because I spelled a few things wrong... just so everyone knows.  

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

choco_snow_123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:52 am
carpe diem

“My hands are tied and my feet are glued to this path, but I walk it proudly. I do not fear death. I walk toward it willingly, safe in the knowledge that my death will make a difference,” and, “Live for tomorrow so if tomorrow never comes, you’ll have no regrets about today.” (Carpe Diem.)

Eat whatever I want
Drink whatever I choose
I hear this very mean taunt
Something I simply refuse

I know my health; my health is fine
You don't say nasty of me
Or complain, fight, or whine
Let's not fight, shall we?

Foolish when you look
At me, I bear no care,
At least I know how to cook
Let's be nice; play fair.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:30 pm
My piece is in the first post.
As is my quote. :S That quote means a lot to me and I'd appreciate if you didn't steal it.
(Not Carpe Diem. The exact quote of, "My hands are tied and my feet are glued to this path, but I walk it proudly. I do not fear death. I walk toward it willingly, safe in the knowledge that my death will make a difference.") My best friend was a drug addict and he'd say that whenever someone would ask him why he didn't quit. It's not a famous quote. The point of the assignment was to come up with your own quotes and write your own piece.
That thread was mostly made so I could post it and get opinions on it. I posted what the assignment was and what the quote was so people could understand why I wrote about that.
The quote, however, you're supposed to come up with on your own. I really don't like people taking that exact quote from me. It's one that I hold near and dear to my heart.
Though, thanks for responding.

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash