GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:10 pm
Imzy
Gaijin32
Hello again, folks! I know, it's been a while, but I'm checking out the guild again, since Imzy's told me about how much it's grown.

Also, I've come up with the basics of a second persona for myself, for when I want to flex my love of all things Japanese. Yup, a SCAdian and an otaku, I am truly a new breed of Renaissance man. cool Here's the story.

One of the best-remembered battles of feudal Japan as the Battle of Sekigahara, which happened in the year 1600. Things changed that day that could never be undone. Power shifted, and familes were either raised up or crushed. The death count was amazing. One of the many samurai who fought and survived the battle was known as Sejio Takeda. Alas, his only crime was not one of dishonor, but of merely being born into a family that was backing the wrong horse, so to speak.

Having survived the Battle of Sekigahara, he returned home with his head hanging low, lucky that he escaped being taken as a prisoner of war. Having seen so much blood shed, he found a weakness in himself, and couldn't bring himself to commit seppuku for the sake of his family's honor.

However, his family's honor became a moot point when he discovered that his home had been burned to the ground and his family slaughtered for their support of the losing side of the battle. With noone left to greet him at home, and no house left to call his own, he buried his family and used what remained of his money to get passage on a ship to the West, in order to seek whatever fortune had in store for him there. If he stayed put, only death waited, and there was a whole new land to see, over the water. The rest, as they say, is history.

(And yes, I know that having his time-frame be from about 1602 falls into the Grey Area that also allows all the big-hatted swashbucklers to ponce aroud with rapiers. But it's about the only story I was able to come up with and not reject right out of hand.)

Erm. It depends on who you talk to, I suppose, but technically the SCA encompasses the years from 600 to 1600.... so you're rather a bit post-period, there, m'dear. The 17th century is not really SCA territory.

And remember, the SCA is not an RPG. You don't HAVE to have a written background. razz

I know it's not an RPG, sweetie. But you know that I put a lot into all of my characters. Bad habit from all the MUSHing, hehe. And I've run that story past more than a couple of people while gathering the gear for my Japanes persona. They'd been in SCA for quite a while, and they said stepping just a couple of years into the Grey Area of time didn't sound too outrageous. Besides, if we stuck to 1600 exactly, would we even have people walking around dressed as swashbucklers or rapier fighting? I'm not sure if any of that became really prevalent until the early 1600's or not.
As you remind me, Society for Creative Anachronism, not Society for Complusive Accuracy. I'd say what I'm doing definately falls under creative anachronism. cool  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:05 pm
Chibbi_Satan
*he chuckles* I do INDEED know William Geoffery, though not as well as I should, m'lady. *he smiles charmingly, then looking to his love (Dema)* And yes, AnTir is quite large. Though not to brag, I know far to many people in the SCA in this Kingdom alone. sweatdrop
Indeed, I hang out with William Geoffry at events. ^_^ He's actualy my Guardian at events now. ^^  

Anti L0cke

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:23 am
does the name
-Mungan Kerr -
sounds good, for a scottish name?
I'm thinking thats what I shoudkl have as my personas name.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:51 pm
I have a persona, but none of my family does, and a history fr mself will be built off of what they decide to do.

we, however do know that I'm 14-15 century Breton(french) girl, Elise de Britany, who, at the moment, doesn't ecen have garb. >>

[kinda off topic] big problem with being young and in SCA(I started when I was six or seven with my family, and I'm just under 15 now) is that your garb from the previous year won't fit come next year. my old dress won't fit now, and I don't have enough time to make new sets.  

Moomintroll

godrick the man-at-arms

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:34 pm
I am godrick and I have not chosen a byname after 4 years  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:37 am
I don't have my persona worked out that well yet.

My name is Felix O'flynn. I'm a fairly early Irish celt. My faimly was robed by tragity so I may havenoble blood but I don't have noble money. My armor was gleened off of war feilds by my father and handed down to me.  

Felix OFlyn

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces