Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
GAH! Where'd the kitties come from?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valencia Glitterspark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:23 pm
Where did all the cats in High Rhulain come from!?

I mean, remember Gingivere Squire (Redwall, not Mossflower) talking about how he was the last of his line? Well, chronologically speaking, wildcats haven't turned up again until an insane amount of time later, with a different allignment! I remeber Riggu talking about him freeing them from somewhere, but I can't remember the quote, and that still make us wonder where he came from...

Explain, if you can. Or find that quote of Riggu's...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:29 pm
I think the cats are of a different family. The Greeneyes line weren't the only cats in Mossflower.Or maybe Squire Gingivere did have babies....  

Dragon0fShadows

Laetho

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:54 pm
Well two things, Gingivere said he was the last of the GINGIVERE line. not all wildcats. I mean, think, not all mice cam from Luke, not all moles came from Grumm, not all otters came from Keyla... get my gist? these wildcats were from a different "family" they were from a different place.

hope that answered your question.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:35 pm
There are no other wildcats mentioned in the series, though. We have:

Ungat Trunn, but he, umm,got shoved into the ocean with a snapped back (i think, it's been awhile since I read Lord Brocktree) so he's dead. Or at least very uncomfortable.
Verdauga Greeneyes, but he died.
Tsarmina, but she drowned herself.
Gingivere, who eloped with:
Sandingom, great great great (great great?) grandmum of:
Ginigivere Squire, who said he was the last of his line.

No other cats are mentioned. However, we see plenty of mice, otters, moles, etc. to populate themselves. Riggu Felis randomly turned up with a bagillion other cats.

Valencia Glitterspark

Laetho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:48 pm
I believe Riggu FDelis could have been related to the others though, verdauga had lots of relatives...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:02 pm
Possibly, the cat population COULD be in relation and the Gingivere might've been a family that moved to Mossflower unlike the others. Then came the few wildcats. Even though I haven't read the book, that cat population probably came from the main source of wildcats in the area.  

XisTiger

Headmaster Sheef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:22 am
Wait, isn't the source of wildcats up north somewhere? Sorry to be so vague; I haven't had time to read any of the books for a while (too busy with school >.>)  
Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games