Murphy's Laws of the SCA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:02 am
WOAH saying: "Even a pound of chocolate can't fix it..."

Speaking of which, does anybody from An-Tir remember the WOAH or the TWIT? 3nodding I'm an old WOAH back when there was a Grand Puntiph around.

~Master Elexi Stormcrow
~Commander of the Drakkenguard  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:11 pm
I can't say I REMEMBER either, sadly. But I am a friend of a TWIT! And to get him to become a TWIT, they had to posts other TWITS at ALL exits during a feast, and have his wife, and his friend M'lady Betha, on either side on him, and he STILL tried to run for it!

He was charged with making ... hmm, forgive me it's been a while since I heard the story, but he made someone laugh so hard that wine came out their nose with a good pun. This person was high up there, and from that moment on he was quite screwed! 3nodding rofl

I shall have to get him to type up the story for me and post it somewhere! It was quite good! rofl He refuses to become ... it goes TWIT then WOAH, right? Which would mean He's a TWIT and refuses to become a WOAH! lol whee or is it the other way around? rofl  

Naito_Mitsukai

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:22 am
Naito_Mitsukai
I can't say I REMEMBER either, sadly. But I am a friend of a TWIT! And to get him to become a TWIT, they had to posts other TWITS at ALL exits during a feast, and have his wife, and his friend M'lady Betha, on either side on him, and he STILL tried to run for it!

He was charged with making ... hmm, forgive me it's been a while since I heard the story, but he made someone laugh so hard that wine came out their nose with a good pun. This person was high up there, and from that moment on he was quite screwed! 3nodding rofl

I shall have to get him to type up the story for me and post it somewhere! It was quite good! rofl He refuses to become ... it goes TWIT then WOAH, right? Which would mean He's a TWIT and refuses to become a WOAH! lol whee or is it the other way around? rofl

No, you have it right. Its a TWIT, then a WOAH.
TWIT = Temporary WOAH In Training.
WOAH = Whimsical Order of Ailing Wit

Yeah, I should tell you my story of being Squired as a TWIT. xd
So there I was, round about 9 years ago...I had only been in the SCA for a four years, and only really off and on, so I had yet to learn about ettiquet and the proper way to really sweep a girl of her feet with a bit of dashing charm, instead of blundering through.
I was 17, single, and wanting to have company for dinner that night, so a friend of mine gave me a pick-up line that said it was cheezy but a ringer for cuteness and most girls would giggle and start to talk to me. A sure thing, or so he told me....
There was a contengent of young ladies looking over some wares at a jewlers shop. I spotted one woman who was perhaps a little older than I with a beautiful head-covering and a circlet around her head, (remember, still didn't totally get the whole "pointys" and "royalty" thing) so I decided to give it a try.
As I walked over towards the woman, my friend tried to stop me, but I would not be swayed. It was only after I commited my ultimate blunder that I would realize he was trying to tell me that it was one of the queens ladies, and that the queen was with them.... whee
I saw the woman look at a piece of jewelry, try it on, and said with a charming voice: "That bracelet looks fetching on you, m'lady. I beleve it would look infinately better on the bedstand of my pavilion. Might you be intrested in a private dinner this evening?" sweatdrop
She turned to me with a look much like this: eek and the woman standing next to her, an older and much wiser looking woman...with a covered head, turned and spoke with an amused voice: "I do beleve that our young lord here has NO CLUE to whom he's speaking to..."
The hairs on the back of my head stood on end...I looked to the woman as she uncovered her head, and there before me stood the QUEEN OF ANTIR. xp The look on my face was much akin to: gonk and I instantly knelt to her. Trying over and over again to apologize, all the while feeling ultimately horrified.
I was then told to rise and to look at her in the face, and so I did, and my friend rushed over, bowed, trying to explain the situation with some charm and flair...to which he failed horribly. The queen asked if I was his friend, and he confirmed, to which she said then he was responsible and that we would both be attributed acordingly at court that evening... whee
At court that evening, I got to have my dinner with the lady...all the while a bard retold my blunder to the whole court...to which both me and my friend where TWITed by the Grand Puntiph. sweatdrop

Let me tell ya, it sucked.
Maybe at another time I'll tell you what got me to be knighted a WOAH.

~Master Elexi Stormcrow
~Commander of the Drakkenguard  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas