Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:58 pm
From the non-Jewish, Christian point of view, we are taught that Judaism brought law to all the other nations, provided for freedom of women, freedom from slavery, etc. They know that there is a God who loves us and has a plan for us. This is a great joy!

But, when I hear American/Western Jewish people discussing their religion, no one seems to be very happy about it. There isn't much gladness there. About the only ones who genuinely enjoy God are those who recently immgrated from Israel. Don't get me wrong - the Americans are proud and defensive of their Jewishness - but where did the happy go?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:11 am
You are very wise heart  

Oprahs Va_Jay_Jay

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
Happy_influenza
You are very wise heart

heheh, thank you, flu ^_^

I'm also very naive... sweatdrop

Do you think we have it too good in this country (US)? Maybe prosperity makes people forget about God? I'm not successful, but I think if I was, I might be too distracted and full of "the pride of life" to care about Him.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:51 pm
Cherry Sodah
Happy_influenza
You are very wise heart

heheh, thank you, flu ^_^

I'm also very naive... sweatdrop

Do you think we have it too good in this country (US)? Maybe prosperity makes people forget about God? I'm not successful, but I think if I was, I might be too distracted and full of "the pride of life" to care about Him.

I think that like in every country we have our issues as well...we still have things we can not help and have to perish and suffer for. Yet I do believe we live in a self-proclaimed lap of luxury we can not help but to embrace, for it is given to us..If we choose to deny that we are seen as Non-American so to speak. I do not forget about god though, he blesses us with these things because as a country we help in ways we do not relize. Welfare is payed by taxes, We allow imigration to start new lives here that helps many people, and we help in wars and hardships around the world to help save lives(though we may take some in the proccess *stupid military*)  

Oprahs Va_Jay_Jay

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff