Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
Poetry and Prose - Suggestions and Authors Welcomed! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am known as the...
painter of dreams.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
writer of words.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
poet of love.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
jester of jokes.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
singer of songs.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
performer of plays.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
sculptor of clay.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
architect with plans.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
photographer of life.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
composer of emotion.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:37 pm
*jaw drops*

You're only 14!? With that kind of writing ability? D8 Stop being lazy!

And please, post the revised version in your projects post. Me want to read it good. =D  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:14 am
*hides*

Yes, sir. I might do what you ask me to.

Lol, I don't know with my writing abilities, it is not even known by any of my parents, not even my brother. I'm part of our school press club but I'm more on the illustrators' corner. My drawing abilities were seen first and I am now puzzled which of the two I'd like to improve first but I want to improve both of them. 3nodding  

The September Girl

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:14 am
Oh sweet mercy. Improve all of them and turn into a super artist of the brush and words.

And does that mean you're a part of the school newspaper?

=D

I'm trying to become a better drawer, poet, and a photographer. >.> That last one is a bit iffy, but at most it will be a hobby. A fun hobby.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:51 am
Yes, I'm part of our school newspaper.

I don't really use brushes, I'm more on the pens. But I'd really like to get used to all those paint.

Ooh, I also like photography. I love taking pictures of the sky.  

The September Girl

Champagne98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:29 am
My Project Post

I will be working on putting up some of my older poetry (that I have in memory), I haven't written poetry in a while, but I am working on a series of novels, and will put up excerpts from the novels here, and I appreciate all constructive criticisms given to me ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poetry

Life Circle (c) Pamela Kaska (nee Rubin), circa 1991-1993

Birth
Life
Death
Love's Birth
Love's Life
Love's Death

You
Me
Children
Your Love
My Love
Children's Love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:40 am
It's rather sparse as far as creativity goes, but for your first work I guess it will have to do. Personally, I would like to see you expound on the basic concepts that you have laid out...

I'll go poke Jaft to add you to the list. wink  

124-C

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 am
Hope no one minds me posting a small chunk of the crap I'm writing. I need to re-think where this is going, because the original plot I had for it didn't really work.

It's a bit grim, and probably needs a lot more description on some areas. Currently titled "Atlantis Rising", though I'll probably change that.

One hundred and fourteen years previously, in 2109, a meteor shower blazed overhead in the night sky. Every night it got brighter, until midsummer night when even the early hours of the night shone as bright as day. At 4:01am on 17th May, 15 kilometres south of Barrow Creek in the Northern Territory of Australia, a meteor impacted into the ground. The resultant particle ejection created a dust cloud that blocked out 90% of the energy and light emitted by the sun. For five years Australia was completely desolate, almost no life could survive for any great amount of time on the surface, or in the skies above. That which the fires did not kill, the radiation eventually picked off. New Zealand was not left untouched, the island’s proximity to the impact meant that the inhabitants suffered the same fate.

Seven years after impact the radiation levels were finally low enough for teams in specially designed Anti-Radiation Polymer (ARP) coated suits to walk on the surface and assess the damage first-hand. Within three weeks of the expedition, most of the 20-man team had been committed to mental health institutes, driven mad by the horrific scenes they witnessed.

The soil had been turned red from the radiation and all of the plants that had attempted to take root since the impact had gained a red hue from the soil, significantly reducing the energy produced in photosynthesis. In the immediate vicinity of the impact, nothing remained. Everything around for 50km had been turned into dust, including people and roads. The people living in this area were the luckiest in Australia, being granted an instant death. They were free from the agony and suffering that everyone else on the continent faced in the last minutes of their lives.

Those that were unfortunate enough to escape instant death faced an agonizing three minutes before their bodies succumbed to the pain and damage the searing fire and radiation inflicted upon them. The radiation caused the carbon molecules in living cells to expand and deform, in most cases they ruptured too. The effect this had on the human brain caused the visual cortex to catastrophically fail, and induce hallucinations. Harrowing visions of ungodly creatures skulking through the fires drove people to commit suicide long before their bodies had enough time to fail from the radiation. The bodies lay where they collapsed, splayed out as if they had fallen from a great height. Limbs, swollen and mutated from the radiation and shock-waves from the impact, had burst and torn where muscles used to lie under the skin. Eye sockets were bloodied and empty, eyes long since gouged out in a fit of terror and pain. Children were found brutally murdered, they had been perceived as demon-spawn. Not wanting their bodies to be desecrated after they died or their souls stained by the unholy touch of these imaginary demons, grown men clubbed children to death. They died still holding their bloodied weapons.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:16 am
w00t! Australia my country! Sounded interesting until it was mentioned the whole country basically murdered each other... What is the actual plot exactly?

Cold Lazarus: '100% Vampiric Sexiness. Now with 8 Essential Vitamins!'
Previously known as The Vampire Doctor

Cold Lazarus

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:21 am
User Image

Um.

Yeah, I'll get back to you on that one.

It was originally gonna be a serious Gundam fanfiction, but as soon as I started trying to put in some Mobile Suit development history, it seemed to fail miserably, so I've taken it out.

Chances are I'll just start over again, and keep that bit in case I need an intro for something with a meteor strike. xd

I'm trying to sort out a decent plot for it that'll work properly but if I can't, I'll save this and start afresh on a new piece. biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 pm
Kals is questing again!
I added a new poem to my post. It's a bit like the wah poor me poetry I constantly berate other people for thinking is so good, but I felt the need to share it anyways. I'm pretty sure it stinks but I wanted to know if it made sense to anyone.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 am
Rofl...

The ending was hilarious. ;D

>_>

Was it meant to be funny?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:31 am
Kals is questing again!
Heh, I didn't originally mean it to be funny but after I finished writing it, I laughed my head off.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
The Vault

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff