Reply Dungeons and Dragons
Presidents & ....you know the rest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blakat1313

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:07 pm
I'm making an entirely new dice rpg and I want opinions on it.

Basically how it works, is you're an up and coming politician in whatever county/countries you chose and try to raise up through the ranks. It works off of the BESM tri-stat system with attack, defense, and magic. In this case it's charisma, wisdom, and intelligence in that order. Debates are done like combat, were you "attack" with a point and your opponent "defends" with a counterpoint. If you want, you can pull out a "spell" which is just a pre-made speech or technique. One of my favorites is "Bush's unreasonable hyperbole" which polarizes everyone who was undecided. (with us or with the forces of evil from his war on Iraq speech)

What do you think so far?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:18 pm
okay? stare stare stare stare stare stare stare  

keyblademaster20

blakat1313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:13 pm
Judging by that glorified bump, I'm guessing more information is needed.
I'll be using the tri-stat system from BESM, along with the point buy system as well. Faults will be seen as well.

Each character will now choose a party instead of an alignment. You can be a third party if you wish, but I expect a lot of GMs to give penalties for that. (Jesse Ventura is the highest ranking third party official, and he's a governor)

There will be a dumbed-down magic system, comprised of only 5 levels. The spells are known as "speeches" and usually take at least one round to activate.

There will only be 10 skills now. (jump, swim, etc. have little use here) You will also have fewer classes to choose from.(only about 4 or 5)  
Dungeons and Dragons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games