Submit

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:40 pm
Alright, the shires of Rokeclif and Shattered Oak in the Kingdom of Northshield held their second Pie Snit today, Saturday, November 18th.

And I, Amata Cromwell, was called into court by His Majesty to recieve my AoA!

biggrin heart biggrin exclaim biggrin

It was totally unexpected. I mean, yes, I've been in the SCA two years now, but as a student with little disposable money and less time, I always feel like I don't do enough.
It was mentioned to me after Autumn Rose 2005 that I was being recommended for an AoA, but when this Autumn Rose 2006 passed without being called into court, I thought 'another year'. I wasn't surprised actually, and had been dreading being called into court because of feeling that I hadn't done enough for the Shire to deserve an AoA.

So when I heard my name called tonight...well, apparently multiple people wished they had their cameras to capture the look on my face. I know I was blinking back tears and by the time I got into the aisle to walk up to His Majesty and Her Highness, I was shaking like a leaf.
Oy; His Majesty asked if I was 'worn out from all the jousting earlier' (long, fun story), but I told him 'no, this is just utterly unexpected'.

*thanking a few people for drilling court procedure into me right away when I joined SCA* Also glad now that I forgot my belt at home as if I hadn't I would have had to fumble with it to remove my dagger and with how I was shaking, that would have taken quite the doing and been quite embarrasing!

I'm still thrilled hours after the event. How fitting, a part of the written reason was my enthusiasim and spreading of interest in the SCA and tonight, when I recieved this AoA, I had a friend of mine sitting with me who was at her first event.

Wow.

I'm honored.

Thank you for sharing my joy by reading this. smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:08 pm
Congratulations, indeed, my Lady. 3nodding heart
Now I can call you that all I want and have a "real" or "true" reason behind it. heart
Ah, yes, I can testify that it was not the joust that made you jittery (though that was fun...) and that it was just the you-being-absolutely-stunned.
Here's how it went from my end:
Amata and I are sitting next to each other for court. We watch others present things to His Majesty and other folks get their awards, cheer for friends, etc... then we hear Amata's name called. She blanked for the briefest of moments, stood up, whipped off her cloak and shoved it at me, and walked up to court. She did look good, even though she professes she was 'shaking like a leaf'. She used proper court etiquitte and everything.
Here's how my thoughts went through this:
Was that her name? It was! Move, goof! Move... ACK! Cloak in my face! Go on, go on... Oh my gosh. She's getting her AoA! I'm so proud! She's gotta be thrilled! She was really after this! w00t!
I had tears welling up in my eyes. heart
When she got back to her seat with her AoA, she was shaking like a leaf.
I couldn't stop beaming with pride for her.
I'm happy for her and proud of her.

Congratulations, my Lady.
Vivant!

Angel_Of_Hellfire

Feline Shapeshifter

15,925 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 pm
*laughs* I shoved the cloak off so as not to snag and trip on my way up (with my shock I knew I would). No intention to throw it in my friend's face! 4laugh

I can't say I was nervous, per se, just shocked I think. I didn't expect it so that when it happend I was so surprised, amazed, overwhelmed that I was deemed worthy that I couldn't fully opperate for a moment. God, the look on my face must have been priceless; I had a vague notion of this even as I had the look but couldn't do much about it. xd

And I was under the impression I'd have warning of being called to court! whee No, no, no; my Shire enjoyed this way far more I'm sure!

Oh! The actual AoA document reflected my persona. I had chosen to be a Lady in the 14th century because I so love the Lutrel Saltir. The image heading my AoA is a modification of an image in that historic document. The historical image is of a king granting a crown to, I assume, his heir. It's certainly a crown on the seated man's head and in his hands being given to a kneeling man. The image on my AoA is of the king (in altered colors to represent Northshield) granting a rolled document to a kneeling person. biggrin heart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:20 pm
Congrats, my Lady! biggrin  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points