Answering Jewish Objection to Y'shua

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:47 pm
The criteria that one must fulfill to be acknowledged as the Messiah according to some jews are:
1. He must be JEWISH (Deut. 17:15; Numbers 24:17)
2. He must be a member of the Tribe of Judea (Genesis 49:10) and a direct male descendent of both King David (I Chronicles 17:11, Psalm 89:29-38, Jeremiah 33:17, II Samuel 7:12-16 and King Solomon (I Chronicles 22:10, II Chronicles 7:1 cool
3. He must GATHER THE JEWISH PEOPLE form exile and return them to Israel (Isaiah 27:12-13, Isaiah 11:12)
4. He must REBUILD THE JEWISH TEMPLE in Jerusalem (Micha 4:1)
5. He must bring WORLD PEACE (Isaiah 2:4, Isaiah 11:6, Micha 4:3)
6. He must influence THE ENTIRE WORLD TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND SERVE ONE G-D) (Isaiah 11:9, Isaiah 40:5, Zephaniah 3:9)

According to Messianic beliefs number one and two He did, but numbers three to six are part of the End Times and His second coming. Messianics have faith that Jesus/Y'shua is the Messiah and that He will fulfill the ones we are waiting to happen.

#1, #2 are not seriously doubted, even by most Jews (except perhaps by the liberal, the secularist, and the ultra-Orthodox Talmudic types). The remainder of these criteria (for Mashiach ben David, rather than Mashiach ben Yosef) will be fulfilled later.

On an allegorical level, however, we can see the "already-not-yet" aspects of criteria #3-6, since Y'shua indeed DOES regather kol Yisrael, He indeed DOES rebuild the Temple (made without hands), He DOES give the world Shalom (He ALONE does this), and He is the source of all Truth and Reality about the Father... In other words, just as the people of Jesus' day had trouble comprehending that Jesus' body could represent the Temple, be the true Manna from Heaven, and so on, so it is today. They were unable to see beyond the empirical to the spiritual, and so were trapped by carnal thinking in matters that pertain to the Spirit of G-d.

For Messianics the truth of Mashiach ben Yosef is given throughout Torah / Nakh. Ultimately, Messianics and Christians believe the veil will be taken away as the LORD Y'shua returns to Jerusalem at the end of Daniel's 70th Week, at the end of the Great Tribulation, but meanwhile, there is this "partial blindness" over klal Yisrael, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:18 am
Hey Famusamu! I'm back. Sorry I was gone for so long it's just my sister was caught using the computer on Shabbat and we weren't allowed to use it for a month or so but now I'm back.  

yourjewishcousin

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:13 am
yourjewishcousin
Hey Famusamu! I'm back. Sorry I was gone for so long it's just my sister was caught using the computer on Shabbat and we weren't allowed to use it for a month or so but now I'm back.
Wow totally Shomer Shabbat huh?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:48 am
Wow that sux  

Oprahs Va_Jay_Jay

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out