Are you married?
  Yes!!
  No.
  I will be very soon....
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:25 pm
I'm just about to head off to my sister's hen's night, and am so hoping she'll enjoy it!!

Just wondering if anyone would like to tell us about what they did for their hen's or buck's nights before they got married!

I'm sure there are many interesting tales...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:24 am
Wow, I've never heard that term before. eek Is that like a bachelor party or somesuch?  

NessaChan
Crew

Sparkly Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Seeress

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:27 pm
I've never heard those terms either. The closest I've heard is "stag party" for the guys.

And I've never actually been to a bachelorette party. When all my aunts and uncles got married I was considered too young. Only one of my friends has gotten married and I was a friend of the groom (and, incidentally, not invited to the wedding stressed ). All the others are either gay or fully committed to their singular lifestyle. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:27 pm
How funny! They must be Australian terms then! I had no idea...  

Doressa
Captain

SydneySkye
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:41 pm
I have heard them called just about everything... all I did was eat supper and go to bed the night before. No big party for me or him... I know boring

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:16 am
This is the first one I've ever been to, and it was fun, but her friends got so out of control!! It was entertaining, but I think she and I were both pretty shocked!

I've got another one coming up in a couple of weeks, but this one has a harem theme. Apparently we're going to be given a middle eastern meal of sorts and have a belly dancing lesson and just embrace the woman within. Should be interesting I guess....

Doressa
Captain

lunashock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:51 pm
Since we did the spur of the moment "Hey we need to get married before you leave" elop thing, neither of us had a party. xd I've never heard those terms, but they're cute and very appropriate! I've heard lots of stories and ideas.

For my husband first marriage, he had one, most of the ones I've heard about consisted of getting utterly smashed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:10 pm
I'm still a bit young for goetting married, and I should probably work on getting myself a boyfriend before I think on mariage. xd

I had a friend one night tell me about what he had planned for his bachelor's party (boobs, poker chips, cigars, and enough alcohol that he won't remember any of it the next day), and it got me to think about what I wanted to do for my bachelorette. I had no idea, but I knew I didn't want the traditional stripper (which he had kindly agreed to book for me).

I think when I have my bachelorette, I'm going to grab my bride's maids and go find myself a psychic for a fun filled night of fortune telling. I'm a tarot reader myself, and I can think of nothing more I'd rather do than sit around with my closest girl friends, have a few drinks, and giggle over the readings. ^___^

The Bookwyrm

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:05 am
I think there may be some sort of readings at the harem hen's night I'm going to in a couple of weeks. That and I think we will all be given a goddess name for the evening. Not usually my cup of tea, but I'll give it a go...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:05 am
Hey, it pays to be open minded. It's definately my cup of tea, and my girl friends love it, too. It would be really nice to have someone else read for a change. 4laugh  

The Bookwyrm

Lona_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm
SydneySkye
I have heard them called just about everything... all I did was eat supper and go to bed the night before. No big party for me or him... I know boring
Thats ok my husbin and I did the same thing  
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff