Pie....
  *gasp* YES!
  ehh?
  hyuaaaaa!!!
  *takes pie and runs*
View Results

Sanddru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:58 am
When I was a child (and still now of course) I played Tomb Raider.
And that's what started everything for me ^^

Tomb Raider got me into Archaeology, Palaeontology and Ancient Egypt.
I owe that game a lot <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:58 pm
I got interested in Egypt when I looked into mythology.

See the Mystic Dawn Society, where you can hang and chat about anything!
User Image

Crystalbow

Saint Lucifer 1590

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:30 am
what got me intrested was the yugioh show and the god cards so i wanted to make my oun god cards and started reserching the gods and goddesses  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:22 pm
Used to play with my uncles model pyramids and egyptian statues and would constantly go through his books looking at the pictures (admittedly usually looking for a anubis just because I thought it was a pretty black dog person).
And the interest stuck as I got older.

Actually - I have my uncle to thank for a lot of my hobbies. haha. He's an obsessionist.  

Sakki-chan

Dapper Hunter

3,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:41 pm
Honestly... I really don't know.. I remember when I was very young and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with my grandma and mom and I was soo excited to see the Egyptian stuff. I touched everything that I could.. hehe, even though I wasn't supposed to- a sarcophagous, the walls of the Temple that they have there.... I thought that by touching them I would have a connection with their past. Outside the museum there always was a funny playground that had a pyramid on it, too. I might have started liking Egypt as my mom has a replica of the bust of Nefertiti and the art may have intrigued me. or else this story of a little hippopatamus.
I remember being obsessed with King Tut (I wanted to be his wife XP) and I wrote a story about Anksesanamun that I fabricated for black history month in 6th grade XPPP. All of my "treats" went toward Egyptian stuff: a popup book, a mummy that you can mummify(they still make that kit o_O), basically lots of stuff. I searchd historical fashion books for Egyptian linen.
My interest dwindled actually as I got more into anime and then music. My passion was revived again as I went to work at the Met of Art three years ago where I was among the art daily.
Currently, I am interested more in the culture of the Egyptians,especially their religious practices. I need to be taught!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:22 am
at a ytoung age, around 10 or so i wanted to know more about the past, and be more culturally aware of the world, egypt was in the forefront and it just stuck. Seeing hollywood and the western ideal of egypt is completley different than the people i belive them to be.

when i think of egypt, i think of not ruins and death cults, but a once vibrant, skillfull, beautiful civilization with a keen interest in nature and beauty.  

Champagne Jane

Dapper Member

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
The Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers