Reply 21+
9/11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archangel Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:03 pm
Hey, not trying to bum anyone out, but I thought a thread should be made for thoughts adn prayers. A moment of silence would be appreciated. Alreaddy lost some friends and family from the attack and the war that esued. God bless America, and may all who have fallen find peace.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:20 am
I had my sig all about 9/11 yesterday. I can't believe 5 years has passed already.  

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:13 am
Wow, has it really been five years? It all still seems so fresh...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:17 am
I posted this in my journal yesterday.

Quote:
We will never forget!

Today is the 5th anniversary of 9-11 terrorist attacks on our country. It is a day to remember those that we lost on that dreadful day. It is also a day to remember what it means to be American and to support this great country and keep it forever free. The enemy may have won the battle that day, but we will win the war on terror so that all free nations can remain free. That is the American spirt -- Freedom liberty and justice for all.

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

The Great Lina Inverse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:58 am
Though this is a late comment, I haven't really been around much here. However, I found myself stumbling in this direction and felt an urge to post.

Five years, and the memory is forever ingraved in the minds and memories of a nation. Five years, and we're no much closer to easing a pain that still aches in the hearts of thousands. This tragedy was a hit home in more ways than one. Like my mother and her recollection of "what she was doing" when JFK was shot, I see everything I had been doing. I'm sickened that when I saw the first plane hit the World Trade Center (on the morning news) I thought it was a movie. I never once thought it could be happening. Only when the news reporter was in mid-sentance, turned as the second plane went in and said "Oh s**t, another plane just hit the World Trade Center" and the shock on his face was too real to act, I knew something was wrong. Horror then struck when the Pentagon was hit. My own mother and step-father, and now mother-in-law and father-in-law, worked in the Pentagon. More frightening, if you look at a picture of the section of the Pentagon that was hit, the top-most window on the right hand side of the hole, the VERY first window, is my Mother-In-Law's office. She was late to work that day with my Father-in-law. They were lucky.

I heard over the radio yesterday the following:

Today is September 11th. Its been five years since we were attacked. Today, remember what happened. But more importantly, remember everyday. Remember why we have our young soldiers fighting in Iraq, remember why we're still at war. Never forget today, and the lives lost in that tragic event.

My brother wa in Iraq for four months, thankfully doing only Command Control in the Green Zone. But I have a friend who was a Marine, now retired, who did 3 tours, one of which was the first group into Fallujah. He recently relapsed and went to a medical ward for a few weeks. He was a great man, and now his entire life is different from being in that war. And I'm proud when I can forward his words: "I am proud to serve my country". Even with all the nightmares, the post-traumatic distress disorder, he still believes in what he did.

Remember not just those who died yesterday, but those fighting for us today.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:39 pm
I remember getting up to get dressed for work, and turned on the tv and saw devestation. It was so hard to drive to work that day. I am an Air Force Brat... I have the utmost respect for all of the men and women in the military all over.  

SydneySkye
Crew

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:04 am
Well, I too am late in posting this, but here goes. I remember that day as clear as anything. I was just returning from my astronomy class (we had a test that morning) and I had decided for whatever reason to call home and then check out the tv. No one had known yet what had happened at school. Well, I turned on tv and thought aloud, "Why did i leave it on the movie station last night. this is such a horrible movie!" Quickly i changed the station and lo and behold "everyone's got on the same horrible movie!" Finally it hit me (no pun intended) when the announcer said, "We'll take a brief break from our live coverage in just a moment." I suddenly realized this was no movie! I immediately called home, but forgot mom and dad were going to help ready my paternal grandparents' place for selling. Well, anyway, I watched everything from the second plane crashing onward and to this day I still am horrified and I think I may have post-tramatic stress syndrome because of it. sweatdrop Anyways, that's my memory and am still praying to this day that things will become better. 3nodding  
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games