Submit

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:14 pm
So, one of my friends has asked me to teach a RUSH class in Calontir. Since I'm a beader and I make jewellery that has the appearance of being mediaeval and Renaissance in nature. I'm thinking strongly about teaching something about beading and these various styles of jewellery.

Have you taught a class for your kingdom?
What was it about?
Would you do it again?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:24 pm
I once taught a class on cats and cat breeding in period. Much of the class dealt with comparing the cats depicted in manuscripts to modern felines, and which breeds were period. (For almost all of period, stocky, long tailed cats similar to the modern brittish shorthair, normally grey tabbies, occassionally mackrel tabbies, were common). If I were to do that again, I'd have a bit more to say in class than that and have pieces of manuscript proving that point. I think I'd like to say more about St. Giles fair, where the first cat show was held. Of course, they didn't seperate it into the same breeds that cat shows today...

ANYway, I'm also collecting information regarding graphic storytelling in period, card games not involving the standard deck, and games involving the players asssuming the characters of others.
I'm an instigator.
Now, this is not to say that D&D it's self is period, but the concept of tabletop roleplaying (and pop tarts)... you can see what kind of classes I teach. I've taught at pagan fairs, too, mostly on cats in magic.. and we're back to cats.

Oh, dear, I'm a cat geek, aren't I?  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Mrow?

razz

Hey, being a cat lady ISN'T a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:13 am
Dragostae
Hey, being a cat lady ISN'T a bad thing.

::purrs in agreement:: whee heart  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:28 pm
I taught a class on drawing celtic knots. Teaching people how to grid out knots and things. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:08 am
I taught a class on blackwork once, but it was to my student group, not at an event. I'd get too nervous to teach at an event, because I'd be afraid that someone would come along who's way more researched and correct me on things. I know that's irrational, but it's how I think. Ah well... I'll get over it eventually, I'm sure... Either that, or I'll become as researched as anyone possibly can be on a topic and teach it.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 am
Llelwyn
I taught a class on drawing celtic knots. Teaching people how to grid out knots and things. 3nodding

Sweet.

I learned how to do that before I headed off to Ireland when I was sixteen.

Best. Trip. EVER.

And...

BEST. HOBBY. EVER.

Besides SCA.

Natch.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:29 pm
The class that I've been teaching lately is on learning the late-period version of backgammon, as well as an end-of-period version of cribbage. I chose those two as a way to introduce more people into the concept of playing games at events, and to show the evolution of two of today's more common games...  

Nerienda

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:04 pm
Nerienda
The class that I've been teaching lately is on learning the late-period version of backgammon, as well as an end-of-period version of cribbage. I chose those two as a way to introduce more people into the concept of playing games at events, and to show the evolution of two of today's more common games...

Ooooh, I love it! Our favorite game to play and teach to newbies at school was Pente. Since then I've been making cloth and glass pente sets for event auctions. Yay games!!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:17 pm
Kittywitch
I once taught a class on cats and cat breeding in period. Much of the class dealt with comparing the cats depicted in manuscripts to modern felines, and which breeds were period. (For almost all of period, stocky, long tailed cats similar to the modern brittish shorthair, normally grey tabbies, occassionally mackrel tabbies, were common). If I were to do that again, I'd have a bit more to say in class than that and have pieces of manuscript proving that point. I think I'd like to say more about St. Giles fair, where the first cat show was held. Of course, they didn't seperate it into the same breeds that cat shows today...

ANYway, I'm also collecting information regarding graphic storytelling in period, card games not involving the standard deck, and games involving the players asssuming the characters of others.
I'm an instigator.
Now, this is not to say that D&D it's self is period, but the concept of tabletop roleplaying (and pop tarts)... you can see what kind of classes I teach. I've taught at pagan fairs, too, mostly on cats in magic.. and we're back to cats.

Oh, dear, I'm a cat geek, aren't I?

Meow two  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash