Half-formed ideas?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mostlyfiller
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:24 pm
Have you ever had an idea for a campaign/campaign setting/monster/item whateve you that you like, but just won't pan out for you?

For me, it's rather recent, I'd had to give up an idea for a campaign setting when I realized that I tried too much.

Basicly, it was going to be a campain setting that borrowed more from Old Aztec and Mayan cultures and a bit of Chinese myth and culture. The cosmology would've been centralized around a celestial breuracacy with the gods at the head. The world itself would borrow from the concept of magitech as well.

It kind of fizzled out when I couldn't figure out how an Atl-atl would be handled as a weapon, or where else I wanted to with it.

I really gotta start writing this stuff down more. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:22 pm
Mostlyfiller
Have you ever had an idea for a campaign/campaign setting/monster/item whateve you that you like, but just won't pan out for you?

For me, it's rather recent, I'd had to give up an idea for a campaign setting when I realized that I tried too much.

Basicly, it was going to be a campain setting that borrowed more from Old Aztec and Mayan cultures and a bit of Chinese myth and culture. The cosmology would've been centralized around a celestial breuracacy with the gods at the head. The world itself would borrow from the concept of magitech as well.

It kind of fizzled out when I couldn't figure out how an Atl-atl would be handled as a weapon, or where else I wanted to with it.

I really gotta start writing this stuff down more. sweatdrop

Sounds like a good idea though..intersting aspects  

AI-chan Unmei
Crew

oskar90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:05 am
i've had a couple char ideas that flopped nobody i asked was willing to allow me to be a high elf with the winged template from savage species they said 'it's to high dex for it's LA' and that they didn't want to have to keep track of how high i am. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:14 am
I have a book with atl-atl rules in it.
I'll dig it up.

Also, download the Oriental Adventures web-enhancement, I think that should help build your world.  

BloodOnWhitePetals
Crew

oskar90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:28 am
BloodOnWhitePetals
I have a book with atl-atl rules in it.
I'll dig it up.

Also, download the Oriental Adventures web-enhancement, I think that should help build your world.
oriental adventures is one of the only books that can be applied to 3.5 ed as well as 3.0 fairly in my opinion  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:03 pm
Oh man, does that mean I have to stop using 1st Edition adventures???  

BloodOnWhitePetals
Crew

Mostlyfiller
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:04 am
Bloodquill the Tiefling Attourney says.... no ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:15 am
That's good, cause I'm using one in one of my FR campaigns blaugh

1st Edition was so cool.  

BloodOnWhitePetals
Crew

Amuse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:34 pm
I really want to do a Monty Python's Flying Circus campaign, as in having the characters go through a multiple layered floating dungeon with scenerios and monsters based on stuff from the series ... but I don't think I'll ever have the time to make it given my work schedule.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:06 am
That would be an awesome campaign! I'd join.
Reminds me of the Permanent Floating Riot Club campaign I ran using the Magitech system 3nodding  

BloodOnWhitePetals
Crew

Retio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:34 am
It took me forever to work on my campaign setting I use for my hombrew campaings. I have been using it and thus developing with different groups for the last 2 or so years. Originally it started off as just a singel city with a few surronding cities for the pcs hometowns. Then I did a simple map with surronding adventuring locations, like caves, forests and deserts. Soon I had enough for a small country where a ran a second campaign. Eventually the group wanted a change and I deceided to a do a short evil campign. For that I quickly developed a neighbooring country to fit this spin off campaign. Eventually, when that group died out a started a group of more experienced/ and or players that were willing to learn and got a proper campaign started. For this one I redeveloped the original country and some time after the continent. Now the pbp camapign I'm running, further develpoes on another one of the countries. Eventually I would like to have all the coutries mapped and developed and start working on surrounding contients, eventually building to a complete world map.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:03 am
It sure look like you spend a LOT of time on it. Maybe one day I'll use my copy of campaign cartographer to make maps for my games...

Also, I still think Mostlyfiller should download the Oriental Adventures web-enhancement.... it's available on the WoTC website.
It takes you through building a world that almost reminds me of the one he described.  

BloodOnWhitePetals
Crew

Mostlyfiller
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:19 pm
'Kay, I'll take a look at it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:07 pm
ORCLINGS ROCK!! (half orkling, half well..halfling))  

druid_spirit_invoker
Vice Captain

Dungeons and Dragons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces