Reply SCA Guild
News article....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ajina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:52 pm
Wow... I'm at my town's teen center, and the manager/owner/boss-lady was telling some reporter-type-woman all about my family and the SCA (Well, as much about it as my mom had told her.)
Anyway, the point is, the reporter-lady wants to do an article on the SCA! She thinks it could get front page of our town paper!
What do you think I should do?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:03 pm
Talk to the rest of the people in your group. Good press is always good......lol. If she askes for an interview tell her as much as you know, and refer her to others that know more than you.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:03 am
I second that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:08 am
Er. This response is (obviously) MONTHS late, but... for the record, the correct answer is to refer them to your local Seneschal. They are the ONLY ones who are authorized to talk to the media. Yeah, it's a very cool and tempting idea, to possibly get your name and/or pic in the paper, but it could have legal ramifications that could be not so fun. Your seneschal is authorized to be the official representative of the SCA in your area, and should have received instruction in exactly what to say and what not to say to the media.  

Imzy
Crew

sillybillychoochoo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:15 pm
i say you should wear a bunch of sca clothing to the thingy.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:29 am
I wish we would get that much notice here.  

Felix OFlyn

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff