Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆CHAT ROOM
Shonen BL Cliches?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onikiria

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 pm
Well, to cut a long story short, I haven't had time to search for under 18 content to draw modern inspiration from for a story I'm working on.
(Since the main gay couple I wrote hardly even get to kiss once in the current revisions, much to my creative despair.)

I saw a comment on another website that the "forbidden love" aspect of BL (or Gay media if you prefer the term), is somehow cliché.

Now to cut another long summary short, the soon to be intergalactic mother in law to the MC in my story acts like this:
User Image

So yeah, that forbidden love aspect has to stay.
Even if that woman is the bane of my creative sanity to drive the plot.
(I hate her so much, and I hope the readers can hate her too.)

Is there any trending Shonen BL anime that I probably haven't watched yet?
(Aside from Yuri on Ice. I keep slacking on that.)
Any sort of anime inspiration besides what I can grasp from the comic industry's Marvel's Hulkling and Wiccan would help me understand the emotional additions I'll need to add to my list of plot edits and banter breaks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:08 pm
Onikiria
Well, to cut a long story short, I haven't had time to search for under 18 content to draw modern inspiration from for a story I'm working on.
(Since the main gay couple I wrote hardly even get to kiss once in the current revisions, much to my creative despair.)

I saw a comment on another website that the "forbidden love" aspect of BL (or Gay media if you prefer the term), is somehow cliché.

Now to cut another long summary short, the soon to be intergalactic mother in law to the MC in my story acts like this:
User Image

Any sort of anime inspiration besides what I can grasp from the comic industry's Marvel's Hulkling and Wiccan would help me understand the emotional additions I'll need to add to my list of plot edits and banter breaks.

um... so i'm not femiliar with anime BL but
i know rated 13 -16+ Live action Thai BL
1Until We Meet again - is about 2 bl lovers reincarnated into the 21century as their past versions kill them selves because their parents disapproval .... Highly recommended 5stars

2Oxygen the Series One of the main MC father disapproves of their BL relationship and puts the other other MC in his company and over works him...

3 My Dear Loser Edge of 17 Sun's Aunt goes through his stuff and threats to report to this parents

4 Together With Me The Next Chapter Korn's Dad (makes them break up)

5TharnType
Season 1: Jealous ex-boyfriends bro trys to break up the mc's
Season 2 : Type's Work Place : Boss, abuses' his power

closest that matches your criteria is Until We Meet Again
hope this helps!  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Onikiria

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:54 pm
nena_sakura
Onikiria

User Image

1Until We Meet again - is about 2 bl lovers reincarnated into the 21century as their past versions kill them selves because their parents disapproval .... Highly recommended 5stars

2Oxygen the Series One of the main MC father disapproves of their BL relationship and puts the other other MC in his company and over works him...

3 My Dear Loser Edge of 17 Sun's Aunt goes through his stuff and threats to report to this parents

5TharnType

hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!
I'll have to try watching the first one when I'm not exhausted from grinding in PSO2.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Onikiria
nena_sakura
Onikiria

User Image

5TharnType

hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!
I'll have to try watching the first one when I'm not exhausted from grinding in PSO2.

sure no problem
the the first 3 series are on Youtube  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
☆CHAT ROOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff