Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:46 pm
User Image

Hi!

I made a simple Flourish-inspired noulicorn base so I could play with some genetics ideas I had (cough), but after a little while I realized I wanted to open them up to the Flourish community for free use so that I get to see other people's custom concepts, muhahaha.

The above image is an example of what they look like colored - they are extremely simple, though I initially made the base for myself so I unfortunately do not have an MS Paint-friendly version. However, it's quite simple to color them on any layer-friendly program; I also have a .PSD file with a few convenient layers set up for them. Please contact me through Discord DM ( thyPOPE#9958 ) to receive this .PSD file (it has a locked base layer and separate horn, mane and tail, eye, and hoof layers); I don't have separate hosting.

I do have some simple rules for base usage though:
  1. Please only use my base for Flourish purposes.

Making references of NPC characters (whether in the shop or just in your character's backstory), future custom concepts or accessory concepts, and your existing nouls (...if you really want) are all okay, though! If you would like to use them for a non-Flourish purpose, please contact me here or on Discord to ask me about the specific purpose; I am pretty lenient but would just like to keep track of where these lines are going.

2. I would prefer it if these bases remain free in every way - do not attempt to receive payment for coloring on my bases, do not sell designs you have created on my bases for any type of currency, and do not trade designs you have created on my bases for non-monetary assets. Please also do not sell merchandise with my bases on them, even if you have heavily edited them.
  3. Please do not re-distribute these bases to people who are not part of the Flourish community.

I would define the Flourish community as the list of people who have either posted to attempt to claim a (free!) newbie semicustom from Flourish or have attempted to enter a contest of any kind for a noulicorn. This may change in the future but I will endeavor to be generous and reasonable in my definition. If you have a reason to ask someone outside of the community to color you something Flourish-related, I will likely be lenient as long as you ask me first.

4. You may edit my base in any way you'd like as long as you are following the rules above.
  5. While you are using them for Flourish purposes, you do not need to credit me.

If you are using these lines for a non-Flourish purpose, I may require credit at my discretion; I will let you know when you ask me for permission whether this is the case and what the best way to credit me is.

6. Please post in this thread to let me know you're taking the base.

You can keep your actual creations private if you'd prefer (I know people can be shy about doing art); I'd love to see them if you want to share though!

7. Do not use these bases to promote hate speech or bigotry in any way.

Sorry they were so long! ; A ; In any case, I'll have a link to the transparent .png for the lines in the next post, as well as a short tutorial for using them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:48 pm
The link to the lines is here! It is a transparent .PNG with desaturated purple lineart.

To use my lines, save them and then open them in a program which is compatible with layers. I wouldn't suggest copy and pasting my lines in - sometimes, Photoshop in particular is quite unfriendly to pasted .PNGs.

Style 1: Set the lineart layer mode to multiply, and color beneath the lines in a new layer.

This style allows you to color without worrying too much about how the color of the lineart will be differentiated from the image below, but you will get less granular control over the lineart color. If you are just coloring a quick reference, this is an easy way to go.

Style 2: Lock the transparent pixels of my lineart, and change its color to whatever you'd like. Color beneath the lines in a new layer.

This style is fussier, and requires you to pick lineart colors that contrast with the colors that will be beneath them. This allows you more control over the exact colors of the lineart, in case you care a lot about matching the base color.

I'm sorry that I cannot provide a flat version that is already pre-colored so you don't have to worry about the hassle of coloring all the spots under the lines! Perhaps I'll look into this in the future. : )

Again, if you'd like a .PSD, please contact me on Discord.

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

3/5  
4/5  

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

5/5  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:26 pm
Just letting you know im using this base to mock up and explain something to medi!  

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

[OOC] Customs & Breedings & Mini Shops

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces