Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Failed my first college class!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taking the class for the third time...
  Third time is the charm right?
View Results

Rysabi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:20 pm
Made a big ole' F in intermediate algebra.

We had some drama in the math department this year. Two professors had to take a leave of absence so my original professor had to stop teaching after the first class. My original professor was a sweet old lady who understood that this was a hard subject and she was able to dumb it down for us. I got stuck with one of the more hardcore professors when she took the leave.

I tried but still failed. Most of her classes failed.
It was not a fun thing.

She told us that certain things would not be on the final yet when we took the final the things she told us to not worry about was on the dumb final. And she wasn't good at dumbing things down...
I also should have gone to more tutoring sessions and asked more questions.

After the winter break, I will be trying to pass this class once again!

The professor I have for this class next semester a is a new dude who used to be an engineer for the military. He's supposed to be nice and patient, I've heard good things about him.

That's why I haven't logged in much this week. I failed this and the math TSI test by a point.
This was a nasty blow, but I'm feeling better now.

I'm excited to have a fresh start and try again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:22 pm
Rysabi
Made a big ole' F in intermediate algebra.

We had some drama in the math department this year. Two professors had to take a leave of absence so my original professor had to stop teaching after the first class. My original professor was a sweet old lady who understood that this was a hard subject and she was able to dumb it down for us. I got stuck with one of the more hardcore professors when she took the leave.

I tried but still failed. Most of her classes failed.
It was not a fun thing.

She told us that certain things would not be on the final yet when we took the final the things she told us to not worry about was on the dumb final. And she wasn't good at dumbing things down...
I also should have gone to more tutoring sessions and asked more questions.

After the winter break, I will be trying to pass this class once again!

The professor I have for this class next semester a is a new dude who used to be an engineer for the military. He's supposed to be nice and patient, I've heard good things about him.

That's why I haven't logged in much this week. I failed this and the math TSI test by a point.

I'm excited to have a fresh start and try again.

What a rotten feeling. But yes, better luck is bound to be yours next time!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

The(Sic)nessWithin

Feral Duck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:25 pm
Oh man, I hate that. I'm like you and either excel or struggle in math depending on who the teacher is. One point isn't a whole lot though. I'm sure you'll pass next time! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 am
Rysabi

I failed a subject by 1 point a few semesters ago and had to repeat that subject too, and I understand your frustration. Best of luck in future exams and I hope you pass this time. cool  

Tyrus Cassius McQueen

Generous Citizen

14,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Elysia Windbourne

Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:07 am
That sounds really tough. I'm somewhat angry on your behalf though - if the majority of people failed then you shouldn't be penalised.

Could the school not drop the pass threshold down? I remember in uni my friend took a class where, unexpectedly, the teacher became ill.

He missed a bunch of lessons and so when it was time for the test they slightly lowered the pass mark in light of him not actually being there to teach the lessons and the class having a disrupted semester.  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games