Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Are We Proclaiming a Hell We Don’t Deserve

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 am
and a Christ We Do?
APRIL 9, 2018 | Peter Gurry

I taught twice on the doctrine of hell recently and both times it ended in tears—mine.

I remember the second time vividly. At the end of the class, an older woman who had walked with God for many years approached me with a somber face. She had a question about her mother and as she spoke, she began to cry. She wanted to know whether her mother was in hell.

What could I say? I told her what most Christians say in such moments. I said that we never know what happens in the final moments of a person’s life, that I didn’t know where her mother was.

That’s true. I didn’t know. None of us does.

Then I told her something else: “But this is what I do know. I know that if she is in hell, it is just. And I know God would be just if he sent you and me there, too. Because that’s what our sin deserves.” With a gravity I won’t forget, she nodded slowly and we hugged, now both crying at the weight of it all.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:09 pm
Well, there's a different kind of tears Hell or not going to Hell produces too.When I think about the possibility of certain people who did horrible things being saved -- and having to see them again one day -- I tear up. So I would not fixate on one way or the other. I think people who revel in people getting their 'just desserts' are missing the point.

Luckily, I don't get to decide any of it and it's in God's hands.  

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces