Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Bible Journaling: Good or bad?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anadentone

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:07 pm
I was searching youtube about bible tabs and covers for my dollar tree bible and i saw these results about Bible Journaling. I thought it was like a Portestant version of what my catholic friend uses for Bible notes but I saw ladies drawing,using markers and even painting on the pages. I'm 37 and when I was growing up (In South Georgia) it was a huge no-no to do anything more than underlining in the Bible. My question is, in your opinion is Bible Journaling good or bad?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:24 am
I see nothing wrong with adding notes to assist in understanding but I don't think it should be done to the extent that it removes or alters the biblical material. People learn in different ways though.  

Lady Vizsla

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm
It seems to me that it's a trend to make your Bible more friendly and accessible in your own mind. Which seems fine.

From a Christian perspective I don't really care for the new trend in adult coloring, because it starts to lean toward meditation and trance states. So as long as it really is journaling and you're an active participant and don't zone out, I think it's probably good.  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games