[PRP] Breaking Walls and Building Bridges [Laelia & Haizea]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm
        Something about Western Weyr was so unfamiliar, nothing like home. Perhaps it was the warmth, especially at this time of year, or the altitude. Her clothes were too heavy, too warm, and she found herself frequently sweating uncomfortably beneath them. The food was different, often fishier, and it didn't comfort her very well. She wanted desperately to impress, to put herself first as a priority, but she was finding that all it did was make her feel guilty and a little sick.

Laelia was attempting to find the Candidate barracks, where she had been staying temporarily, and which she had lost after eating dinner. And, well, she didn't feel too well, so she has having a hard time focusing on the task at hand. Every time she thought of Sorcha, a curdling feeling twisted in her stomach, and she thought of the fight they'd had when she had been dropped off at the Weyr. All these years, she'd thought her sister didn't want her around. Now, when Laelia was finally deciding that she was running out of time and needed to put herself first (after all, Sorcha had a dragon - it's not like she needed protection anymore), Sorcha was hurt. Sorcha felt like Laelia hadn't been putting any effort into their relationship, and was running away from her problems. Sorcha didn't realize that she was, and always had been, everything toxic in Laelia's life.

Boy, she was really lost, and she really didn't feel too well. Laelia slumped against a wall, sliding to the floor, and put her face in her hands, groaning. She needed to breathe, think, regroup.

She heard footsteps passing, and with great effort lifted her head. The face and figure of the approacher was somewhat familiar - maybe a Western Candidate? "Excuse me," she said, "I think I'm lost." Laelia attempted a feeble smile, although she wondered if she looked as sick as she felt.

Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:51 pm
Dinner had been pretty good! A couple of her fellow candidate pals had all sat together, catching up, and just buzzing over the looming possibilities. A clutch on the Sands, a bunch of High Reaches folks running around, such a to do! Haizea had lingered a little while longer to help clean up the table she had sat at, and grabbed an extra cup of water to take back with her to the barracks for something to sip on while working on a little homework and a bit on a small sewing project. She was mulling over the work ahead when an unexpected shape in her periphery drew her focus away from what she was going to do and shifted it forward. A person sat slumped against the wall ahead. That was odd. As she drew closer, the red haired girl raised her head and called out to her. Her voice wasn’t familiar but maybe her face? Not a Western candidate. Haizea slowed to a stop next to the seated inquirer. Oof, she looked maybe feverish or a little green around the gills.

“Hey, yeah. I think I’ve seen you around. One of the folks from High Reaches, right?” Not wanting to remain standing over the other gal, she squatted down next to her to be on the same level and offered her an easy smile. “I’m on my way back towards the barracks myself if you want to tag along. No doubt a new Weyr layout takes a bit of getting used to.” It’s be almost like being freshly Searched again she imagined. Taken from all that was known and familiar to a new place, filled with new people and new just about everything. Never mind the sheer difference in climate! “And, ah...You feeling okay? Would you like some water? I was going to drink this while working on things at my cot, but you look like you could use it a little bit more than me right now.” Haizea shifted the mug in her hands to turn the handle toward the seated candidate. “Need a hand up or think you can manage okay?”

smolderingskies

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:17 pm
        The girl who approached seemed friendly - about Laelia's height, with wild, curly hair. Something in Laelia felt grateful that it had been this girl who had shown up in this hallway at just the right time. "Yeah, I'm from High Reaches," she said affirmatively. She quietly took the water, drinking it like a lifeline. Laelia hadn't even realized she was this thirsty - maybe the heat was dehydrating her, or maybe it was just her nausea. She was starting to think that maybe her illness wasn't related to her emotions, but maybe just because she ate something funny.

"I think I'm okay," she said, attempting a soft smile again, placing the mug on the floor then crawling her hands up the cavern wall until she was in a standing position. She didn't sway on her feet - a good sign - and she didn't feel too dizzy when she leaned over to retrieve the mug. "Thank you," she said, and she was unsure if she should hand the mug back or carry it. Well, either way, she might as well introduce herself. "I'm Laelia," she said, casting her eyes to the ground. She chuckled a bit, darkly. "If I end up Impressing and moving here, I hope I can learn the layout eventually." Admittedly, although it was different, something was satisfying about having a fresh start, about nobody knowing your face or your name.

Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:27 pm
Haizea nodded with the affirmative answer to her initial question, sitting back to on her heels, and just waiting quietly while the girl sated her thirst. She had thought so. A jump from a cool, mountainous to this tropical island would be a shock to anyone’s system. If it were the other way around, she bet she’d probably just about freeze to death or at least feel as if she were going to.

“Good to hear,” She chimed as she rose to her feet. Standing eye to eye now, Haizea’s smile brightened several degrees. Actually eye to eye, how about that! “And it’s not a problem! I can take the mug if you’d like. My plan was to leave it on my bedside table for either another drink later or for something first thing tomorrow morning.” Bobbing her shoulders in a shrug, she smoothed her sleeveless shirt. “Or, since we’re heading to the same place, you can hang on to it until we get to the barracks or in case we need to grab you another drink real quick.”

Haizea’s brows crept closer to her hairline at the High Reaches candidate’s introduction, or more accurately at the rather bitter chuckle that followed. Reaching out to gently squeeze Laelia’s shoulder, she perked up and smiled, though with furrowed brows. “I’m pleased to meet you, Laelia! I’m Haizea. And don’t worry; you’ll get the hang of this place. I can help show you around until you get the lay of the land, if you might be in need of a tour guide. My services are available! Besides I imagine we’re going to a lot of the same places anyway. Speaking of,” She gestured toward the walk way ahead of them. “Shall we? You actually weren’t so far off track for the barracks.” She let her hand drop from Laelia’s shoulder and started down the path, opting to hang along one side of the walkway, leaving room for the transfer candidate to walk alongside her if she so chose. “If you have any questions or anything, I’m happy to try offer answers.”

smolderingskies

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas