Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Hurricane Harvey (How to Donate to Relief in First Post)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:34 am
gaia_gaiagold Where to Donate to Hurricane Harvey Victims gaia_gaiagold

I'm safe, by the way -- we just experienced, where I live, some heavy storming this morning and we will undoubtedly experience flash-flooding in the days to come. We still have power, thankfully. Update 9-1-17: This is still true. My family and I are fine. Our home never flooded or lost power.

Is anyone else in the Gulf area and at risk? How are y'all holding up?

For those who are interested in learning more:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm
Whoa, whoa whoa. Had no idea you were in Texas. I'm glad to hear you weren't hit too hard, as of Saturday. How's it been since then?  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:56 pm
    I'm in Houston! As to preserve my privacy on this open forum, I won't specify where I am in Houston, but I can say that we were supremely lucky -- we, meaning, my immediate family -- to not get flooded, end up trapped in our neighborhood, or lose power at any time, but others in our immediate vicinity were not so lucky. Our own church is completely destroyed and we'll have to attend Mass at a local high-school (!) or at neighboring Catholic churches in the meantime.

It's a mixed bag as of now: Water is receding, people are returning to their houses, and some sense of normalcy is returning for many. However, for many, the worst is transpiring now: finding bodies, seeing what little survived in their homes, having no workplace or transportation anymore, realizing their pets will never come home, etc. All in all, this was our Katrina.

sdrawkcab
    Whoa, whoa whoa. Had no idea you were in Texas. I'm glad to hear you weren't hit too hard, as of Saturday. How's it been since then?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 pm
    Updating the first post with information on where / how to donate to Hurricane Harvey relief.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

anna of green acres

Shy Friend

16,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 pm
Glad you and yours are ok. Been praying for all you folks in Texas.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:46 pm
Hope everyone is well down their heart . My JROTC program is trying to fundraise for transportation down to help out (really hope we can). Where I live were expecting a hurricane (not as bad as Texas) this weekend. sweatdrop  

OfSora

☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff