Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Hunting Party (Jageth/D'zek, A'iel/Nasath, & Others??)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 am
ShinosBee

Eye red with both hunger and annoyance, Jageth waited in the Bowl for his rider to finish adjusting his straps and for the others -whoever they may be- to arrive. Though there was plenty of food provided, Jageth never liked eating at the Weyr. Grabbing a beast right out of a pen just seemed like cheating. For turns Jageth had lived off of the wild game he caught, snatching wherries out of the sky, or chasing down the roaming herds that lived in the area aroud D'zek old home.

It had become fairly routine for them now, if a little inconvenient at first. He didn't need to eat all that often, so once every few sevendays, they would between to a more wild part of the continent and let him catch his fill. Sometimes others would join him. Though he never waited for them, most of the Weyr (or at least his wing) knew of Jageth's habits, and he would tolerate their presence if they happened to show up. He was suspicious of most of them at first, assuming they were just there for the gimmick, intrigued by the novelty or curiosity. There were a few, though, that he believed might be of like-minded sentiment. And those he felt, perhaps, he might have something to talk about with.

More often, though, it was D'zek who wanted the company. Ever sociable, he'd let people know when and where they were planning to go and invite people along. For some reason his hopeless rider craved company, though he couldn't see why (as far as he could see, most humans were immensely dull). It was for this reason That he was taking so long with the sharding straps.

Just get over it. They're not coming. No one likes you. And I want to leave. he said impatiently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm
Who's not coming? Nasath's question popped as suddenly as he himself did out of between, the bronze swirling down with eager green eyes to drop heavily into the bowl beside Jageth. Well we don't have to wait for anyone else, I suppose. You and I are more than enough to take down anything we might find! The bronze arched his neck proudly, cockily even. He was...well, really, he was all any hunting party needed, wasn't he? But company was fun too. He could show off! Even if it was just some other bronze to flaunt himself to, and not a pretty gold or feisty green. Ah well. Another bronze at least was someone he could consider, possibly, an equal!

Already tied into his straps, A'iel lifted his goggles and waved down to D'zek. "Sorry about the wait!" He called down, not bothering to unhook himself. It looked like D'zek was almost set, so if he climbed down, well. He'd just have to climb right back up, of course, and not to mention if he got down on the ground it'd be apparent just how small he was. He'd always felt good on top of Nasath. He could forget how short he was, and forget about anything but whatever work they were doing. And feed off the bronze's almost annoyingly constant confidence. "He wanted to take a look around first and—"

We found a herd fairly close by! I know, I know, but you're welco—

"—I figured since you two've been here longer you'd know better than anyone where to go but—"

—elcome! I've saved us half the trouble already, even though I did get a little excited and trumpet, and then they all started to run and—

"—he's just completely incorrigible and all, but we're really glad to go along. He's honestly getting out of practice and it's so easy to just get food at the pens so—"

—so I thought maybe we could get going soon, if your rider can manage to get your straps on, and is he always so slow about it? My A'iel is the best at—

"—I just wanted to sa—Nasath! Stop that! We're the ones that're late thanks to your having to go flap about at the herd!"

—but A'iel! I just wanted to find them and!!! I'm sorry!!!

The bronze's proud rambling ended with an almost whining croon as he tried to twist his neck around far enough to look at the young man on his back. A'iel, for his part, just sighed.

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:29 pm
ShinosBee

Jageth gave a grudging rumble of greeting as the other bronze arrived. If it were up to him they would have left with just the one of them. There was no point waiting at all if that was the only reason, he was perfectly capable of hunting by himself. Still, the company was unnecessary but not unwelcome. At least His was happier.

You're late. Was all he would growl to their companions.
"No worries." D'zek called up to the rider, a great deal more forgiving. He waved a hand up at A'iel in greeting. "Don't mind Jageth, he's just impatient." he said as he tightened the last strap and pulled himself onto the dragon's neck. In truth, there was no one in particular he was waiting for. Their company on these trips often varied, but while Jageth had no qualms about leaving people behind, D'zek would give them five minutes at the very least.
I'm not impatient, you're just slow. Jageth complained, though he was mostly just relieved to be getting on their way.

D'zek got himself settled on Jageth's back as the rider and dragon dealt with the two torrents of conservation separately. For his part, D'zek nodded sympathetically. "I totally understand." he said. He had his fair share of incorrigible dragons himself. "And there's nothing wrong with being proactive. If anything, I'm glad you're so enthusiastic. Jageth insists on hunting, and it's no fun going on these trips alone." he said with a light hearted shrug.

So you scared away the herd and accomplished nothing. Jageth summarized, a little harshly, though there was no real annoyance in his voice. It made no difference to him. He just wanted to go. It doesn't matter. We will go elsewhere. Mine? he asked, waiting for D'zek to supply him the coordinates.
Right. D'zek replied, focusing his mind on the image of an open plain near their old home in the mines and just skirting the edge of the desert, where wild herdbeast were known to roam.

Try to contain your excitement this time. Jageth said as he passed the coordinates along to Nasath.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:16 am
A'iel bobbed his head along with D'zek. It really was...nice. This. Already, despite the fact that they'd only just arrived. Companionship, friendly people. maybe he'd just been unlucky before, at Benden? Western on the whole seemed more relaxed, less haughty. Or maybe it was thread—a common enemy meaning closer bonds. He wasn't sure, but it felt good. Beneath him Nasath was shifting, either eager to go or because the other bronze was scolding him something fierce. Honestly, A'iel was on Jageth's side a bit. There'd been no real need to spook the herd, and now hunting might take longer...but he also knew exactly why Nasath had wanted to go take a look, and he sympathized. How could he not, after all? At least I was able to find them! And besides! Moving prey is a bigger challenge. You're up to that much at least, right?

The big proud bronze was all aflutter when D'zek got into his straps. "I certainly understand impatient. You think it's just bronzes, or something?" A'iel called out, half-joking at their dragons' shared faults, making Nasath whine again. It was time to go! And he'd show the grouchy bronze just how good he was at this. He poured over the mental image of where they were headed, getting the right feel of it, and snorted, neck arched. Only if you try to muster any enjoyment at all! And try to keep up—! The bulky male launched himself without preamble, startling even A'iel, who nonetheless leaned into his straps with practiced ease, just in time for them to wink between and away. He'd get there first! And maybe even catch something before Jageth got there!!

Or...maybe he'd get lost!

The pair popped back in in the right spot, no trouble there, but only once they were hovering over the plains did Nasath realize he didn't know which way they'd planned to go. He couldn't see any beasts from here, though he swung about in a wide loop to look in all directions. Benden had been mountainous, but there had been plains down past Keroon. He'd hunted there before. Maybe once. What sorts of things lived on the plains? Well...well fine. He'd just wait for Jageth to catch up then!

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:17 pm
ShinosBee

I don't know what you mean. I am enjoying myself. Jageth answered, his voice as growling and monotonic as always.

D'zek just chuckled and shook his head and the bronze rose up to his full height, waiting for the other bronze to launch first. Taking off from the Weyr, Jageth and D'zek jumped between, reappearing a short distance from the other pair. The plains stretched, wide and empty, below them, but these were Jageth's old hunting grounds, and he knew the patterns and movements of the herds as well as he knew drill formations and firestone, like second nature.

Either sensing his question or anticipating, Jageth reached out to Nasath, banking in closer to the other bronze. The herd is most likely by the water now. We will follow them there. he said They will see us coming, but it is better if it is difficult, is it not? he said, and his voice was not a challenge. He took it as granted that Nasath would agree. After all, he might cut the young bronze down as harshly as anyone, but he did actually think of him as a kindred spirits. They were both hunters, after all. True, wild dragons, even if they currently chose to do their duty and remain in the Weyr. And he was, despite all appearances, actually enjoying himself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 pm
Nasath would have snorted at Jageth's claim to be enjoying himself, if his irritation hadn't gone floating away the moment he'd launched and gone soaring. His blood was already up, and he was hungry to boot. The thought of blood and meat and the chase was so enticing, and he knew Jageth would feel the same as he did about that at least. That was enough, and he dipped slightly to fall into formation beside the other male, almost as if they were flying sweeps or in a drill. Of course! The chase is half the fun. If they just stood still you may as well be going down to the herd pens in the bowl. And he was confident in his skills too. The animals might run, might hide, but he was determined to catch them. And to catch more than Jageth too!

Atop his back, A'iel had been scanning the plains with interest. They were within Western's territory, and so it was land he'd seen perhaps once before, during threadfall. It looked different down this low, and now that he could bother to look down and not up. A few barren swaths down below were the scars of thread burrows that had slipped through their net, or from First Fall, perhaps. they'd long been rooted out and burned, but it would take longer still for the plants to regrow, even the swaying grass of the plains.

As one the pair of dragons began to angle towards the water, Nasath grumbling privately, but outwardly taking the lead from Jageth. The other bronze, stoic as he was, did know the area and the animals' patterns. Whirling eyes shifted from blue to maroon-y purple, excitement and hunger making him almost angry for the pending blood and crunch of bone.

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas