View Results

Mo_4011 -Anon-

Adventuring Pumpkin

16,315 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Generous 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:17 pm
HELLO GUILD!! Anyone feel like looking at crappy bus art from yours truly? I've been figuring for a while now that I've wanted to do little "chibi" drawings of the buses Mo works with. Monster partly gave me the idea from the little chibis he does, But I also wanted to have reference images of them that I could stick in the notes, kinda how we have the avatars for characters.

But let's be honest here, I suck at drawing. sweatdrop Especially when it comes to scaling stuff and angles and everything.. I started trying the idea with the Nabi buses, and so far this is what came out:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Real Nabi

What do you think of these? Which one do you prefer? And what do you think of each one?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:37 pm
Important question: can you draw someone driving the bus?  

Anon Caedere
Vice Captain

Predatorial Ladykiller

Mo_4011 -Anon-

Adventuring Pumpkin

16,315 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Generous 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 pm
Anon Caedere

What, like have the bus drawing and you see the person through the windshield,
or like from perspecive through the open doors when someone getting on kinda thing? Oh god. xD I could try. I've never done that before. I know I'll probably fail at it because I'm horrible at drawing people,and all the angles and everything. Eh. I suppose I'd have to move on to that eventually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 pm
I tried the Neoplans, but it didn't come anywhere near chibi size. I might just have to cheat and resize it with the computer. I'm also debating to myself now weather to go and have the images somewhere dedicated like photobucket/DA or just keep with tinypic. I know tinypic offers to resize when you upload it. I had to ask it to resize this one & it's still a bit big.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There were two other Neo's that were just face view, I figure this guy I tried perspective with and it was my favorite. I guess thumbnail is kinda close to the size I'm hoping for.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Mo_4011 -Anon-

Adventuring Pumpkin

16,315 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Generous 100
  • Falling For You 25

Anon Caedere
Vice Captain

Predatorial Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:21 pm
Mo_4011 -Anon-
Anon Caedere

What, like have the bus drawing and you see the person through the windshield,
or like from perspecive through the open doors when someone getting on kinda thing? Oh god. xD I could try. I've never done that before. I know I'll probably fail at it because I'm horrible at drawing people,and all the angles and everything. Eh. I suppose I'd have to move on to that eventually.

Through the windshield is fine.

So, can you draw a school bus driven by my good friend Busto?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 am
Mo_4011 -Anon-

Okay one, your art isn't nearly as bad as you think it is, it's actually quite good! Two, I'm flattered that I've inspired you~ And three, doing good chibi art is all about figuring out what details are the most important in making a character look the way they do and exaggerating it, like a simplified caricature. In the case of automobiles, I'd look at Pixar's Cars for ideas on how they simplified the "anatomy" of an automobile, and how you'd want to translate that over to your art style.  

Mister Monster Guy

Crew

The Werehog

Mo_4011 -Anon-

Adventuring Pumpkin

16,315 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Generous 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 pm
Anon Caedere

emotion_dowant I love you, I just found a new game channel to watch, thank you!
And I might be able to draw that, actually... The bus itself might be the hardest thing. You want a Cheese Bus like the one in the video, traditional style?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:04 pm
Mister Monster Guy

Okay one, your art isn't nearly as bad as you think it is, it's actually quite good! Two, I'm flattered that I've inspired you~ And three, doing good chibi art is all about figuring out what details are the most important in making a character look the way they do and exaggerating it, like a simplified caricature. In the case of automobiles, I'd look at Pixar's Cars for ideas on how they simplified the "anatomy" of an automobile, and how you'd want to translate that over to your art style.

Really? Thank you! heart I still have to draw more, and some of them I might go over again with the pen tablet to see. And yes, I love your chibis, they're all adorable! I guess my problem for trying to do chibis or playing with the scale is I'm OCD about every last little detail. Chibis kinda naturally have less detail, don't they? I should look up some guides on it.  

Mo_4011 -Anon-

Adventuring Pumpkin

16,315 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Generous 100
  • Falling For You 25

Anon Caedere
Vice Captain

Predatorial Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:22 pm
Mo_4011 -Anon-
Anon Caedere

emotion_dowant I love you, I just found a new game channel to watch, thank you!
And I might be able to draw that, actually... The bus itself might be the hardest thing. You want a Cheese Bus like the one in the video, traditional style?

Absolutely!

And omg yes. All McElroy content is good content.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:20 pm
Anon Caedere

emotion_dowant
sweatdrop "Ah... That's a bit bigger than I meant it to be on here..."
User Image

"Took a while because it's weird how the bus front is curvy, but this time I started with the back/top around it instead of trying to start by the nose. I'm not mad about this."  

Mo_4011 -Anon-

Adventuring Pumpkin

16,315 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Generous 100
  • Falling For You 25
Fanonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items