Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Curious Things (Finia/Komaith x Serfie)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:22 pm
There were times she truly was thankful for whatever real reason had led that shaffing deadglow, R'lav, to come find she and her sister. Never for one moment did she think he'd had good intentions. But the man had saved them from a fate far worse than even Finia had taken time to consider. Which was something that had offset her mind just a little. Yet, things had gone well enough.

Remind me again, why we have to come out here? Komaith snorted, a mellow green about his eyes for the moment. They could easily fall into red-orange if something irritated him. Like his rider, for instance.

Finia just rolled her eyes. <Oh hush up! I can't keep up with things while spendin' my entire time inside the Weyr!> She informed her lifemate. Really, there were some things about her life she rather not let everyone in on. Faranth help her if Arlii knew she still dabbled in some of the more unsavory sides of Pern. But hey! At least she wasn't taking on any jobs to kill anyone. That was a plus, right? The blond just smirked, moving about the landscape as she surveyed it. Perhaps it would be a nice enough area to start practicing and having a friendly spar with Arlii?

Perhaps I should tell Erinaeth's what you are up to? The brown drawled in her mind. Finia felt her shoulders tense briefly before relaxing. <Right, go ahead and tell em'! We're doin' nothin' but checking out what the good word is the traders might supply.> Which was mostly the truth. And Komaith knew that. The beast just liked to complain. Only when you're up to no good.

"I ain't up ta no good." She muttered under her breath, her skirts swishing a little as she approached one of the traders. It was one she'd met before, though neither of them acted as such. He even had a lovely little parcel to sell her for a few extra marks! Why, wasn't he just the charmer? Finia thanked him for the parcel.

Komaith, not having any desire to mingle among the humans and their strange wares to sell, was reclining a distance away. His wings were mantled slightly to catch the sun. He kept a lazy gaze in the general vicinity of where his rider was, but more of his attention began to fall on what was around him. Nose wrinkling, the brown dragon tilted his head. Why did he smell humans? There were none that he could see nearby. Or was there? He grumbled, keeping an eye out for anything that looked out of place.

Revel1984
Does this work alright for you, bby? ;u; <3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 am
Serfie had been back to the Weyr briefly after her meeting with the Bronzerider A'iel, deciding to use her meagre stash of marks she'd hidden on a new blanket. She knew that traders were due so took the chance. She dressed in her least torn clothes, ones that said 'poor' rather than screaming 'Holdless' and made her way.

She was close when she realised her way was interrupted by a massively built brown dragon, shed hidden the moment the beast landed, hardly dared breathe as his rider dismounted, she stifled a smirk when she overheard the rider mutter, sure, because saying that proves you're not, she was that close to the pair. She watched as the rider moved away frtom her dragon, towards the traders.

Serfie was conflicted, should she emerge now? Or wait for the dragons rider to return first? Well, that choice was taken from her as the brown lifted his head and almost squinted around him, looking for her, she was sure of it. Bravely she stepped out, no point in staying hidden, he'd summon his rider and shed still be discovered. "Hello" she said to him, emerging from the bush, she was close enough that he could have pounced on her, if he were so inclined and although shed been told Dragons didn't actively hurt people after Impression, he was big enough to trap and hold her until the rider dealt with her, humans being under no such forced morality. "What a lovely brown you are" she hoped flattery would stop him enough for her to back herself up towards the traders.

Kyrieko
why yes it does bbycakes, could Finia have even met Serfie once? She's not hard to forget, with her scar, even if its been several turns

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:04 am
Finiamine.

<What are ya wantin' to complain about now?>

There... is a human hatchling. Komaith regarded the girl that had stepped out of her hiding place and was speaking to him. He just stared at her, as if he wasn't quite sure what to do.

His rider, on the other hand, started to laugh. <Well, make y'self look cute! Babysittin' won't hurt ya.> She apologized to the man she was negotiating down on pricing with. There was just the loveliest little necklace that shined so prettily... and the rider was determined to get it. But not for the shaffing ridiculous amount being asked!

Your endless haggling is very unladylike. Now come deal with the hatchling! The large brown rumbled, tail thumping the ground for emphasis. He really didn't seem to consider - or care - if his actions startled the small one.

With a sigh, Finia settled on a price that was not quite what she was hoping for, but better than the original. "Thank you for ya business!" With a swimming smile, Finia tucked the necklace into a pouch on her belt, well hidden under her skirts where no wannabe thieves could steal it. Ha! The blond was all smiles as she shifted through the traders, heading back towards her direction. She couldn't see the individual that was annoying Komaith, but he had referred to them as a 'human hatchling'. Small child? Or small person?

"Oh quit yer blubberin'!" She said aloud, sharp eyes noting there was indeed a small figure here. A dirty one, if the clothing was anything to go by. This pulled a small frown from the woman. She had been there, worried about if her next meal would come. Shabby clothing.

"I hope he's been on his best behavior?" Finia said by way of greeting, walking over to give the brown's leg a good smack before turning to regard the child.

Revel1984
if Serfie has been around the area, and comes out to caravans and traders like so, probably! Would Serfie try to steal anything? Finia has an eye for that sort of thing~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 am
Serfie just smiled and made herself look unthreatening, not that someone her size could ever be considered as such to a dragon, not even a White, let alone a huge built brown. She held in the squeak that tried to form when he shifted and thumped his tail, A'iels words in her head about dragons being unable to kill her, but she wasn't totally convinced that a dragon couldn't HURT her, if it wasn't a mortal wounding. She did back up a little though, she was sure anyone would have.

She did give a tiny cry when the rider spoke, seemingly emerging from nowhere as she'd tried to back away from the brown, she started to say something then realised the "blubbering" comment has been aimed at the dragon. She didn't miss the frown the woman gave and instantly Serfie bristled inside, assuming the rider was judging her, but the question threw her from that thought, for the moment at least. "He's been fine" she said, feeling uneasy, there was something vaguely familiar about the woman and it bothered her, since she had only officially met one rider.

kyrieko
yep, she'd likely have stolen from caravans, things not always easily missed or easily mislaid, she's also bought the odd thing, but mostly stealing food or useful things like a tattered blanket

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm
There was an indignant sort of huff of warm breath that ghosted over the humans as Komaith swung his head around to rest beside his rider. She caved and scratched under the eye ridges while he continued to grumble in her mind. But Finia let all her attention focus on the girl before them.

"Ah." She offered the young one a smile. "I'm glad of that. He can be...well, the term I'd use is a sharding egg cracked wherry." The brown dragon lifted his head to turn away from them, deciding to ignore the humans. Finia just laughed. "But he can be reasonable at times!"

I am always reasonable. You just choose not to acknowledge when I am right and something is of no importance or benefit to either of us.

Ignoring her dragon, Finia stepped away from the protective little 'ring' he'd subtly made around her. "What brings ya out here, dear?" Her gaze once again took in the state the girl appeared in, lips pursing in consideration. "Most folk are back yonder, selling their wares or haggling for better prices." She was almost positive now that she'd seen this one before. Stealing something. A blanket perhaps? It had caught her eye, as she was always on the look out for such things. It did make her wonder what this ones story was?

Your manners are as radiant as your deviant thoughts.

"Oh hush, you!" She shot over her shoulder, shaking her head and looking back at the girl. "My darling beast back 'ere has reminded me of my manners. I'm Finia, rider of Komaith." She offered a hand in greeting.

Revel1984"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:31 am
Serfie squeaked slightly as the dragon huffed, his breath .... Something you probably just had to get used to, but she'd smelled worse among the holdless, rotten teeth and poor hygiene. She did, however, feel jealous of the bond as the woman scratched him, to his obvious delight.

She snorted at the egg cracked wherry comment, she'd seen the creatures, hunted them "most wherries are egg cracked" she chortled, a small smile playing on her face. Not flinching when the dragon moved his head away. "I'm sure" she muttered, what a contrast between this dragon and the sweet, friendly Nasath.

She backed up, just a step, when the rider moved forward, clutching her tatty things to her. "I was just on my way to go ... Uh... Shopping" she said, forcing her body to relax, the tenseness in her shoulders threatened to give her a headache. She took another, discreet, step back when the rider looked away. "Oh!" She swallowed "nice to meet you" she wiped her hand on her pants before reaching cautiously out to shake the riders hand "Serfie"

Kyrieko

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:19 pm
Jumpy little hatchling, isn't she? Komaith observed dryly while pretending not to pay attention to either humans.

Maybe it's your wherry breath. Finia observed, watching the girl with a little more care. She really didn't want to make her uncomfortable! Though, she was beginning to wonder if it was Komaith's presence... or that she was positive this young one was a thief.

There was a pleasant laugh that bubbled up from the blond rider, hearing the girl's added comment about wherries. "Oh yes, they very much are! Which is why it's so easy to goad this beast by calling him one." She acted as if she was giving away some great secret about the brown dragon.

Those sharp eyes all but pounced seeing the changes in the girls demeanor. She could only guess at the feelings flitting about. "Shopping, was it?" Finia murmured with a hint of mischief. Once she had the girls hand clasped in hers, Finia didn't release it right away. "Serfie." She flipped the girls arm over, taking a look at the hand. Slim, probably quite lithe when reaching into pockets. Or slipping something off the traders tables.

Of course, you would know all about such extra curricular activities.

"You know," Finia said idly, letting the girls hand go. "I always found that wearing some sort of glove or baggy piece of clothing along my arm helped provide space to slip things into."

Revel1984
I'm so sorry it took me a while to tag you back ;n;

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:16 am
Serfie raised an eyebrow, she certainly wasn't going to goad the big creature, by calling him a wherry, especially if he was a grump, again she thought about how dragons couldn't KILL, but could they harm as long as it wasn't fatal? she wasn't convinced they couldn't, who knew right? she didn't have enough experience of them to know. She rubbed an arm self consciously, not even realising she was doing it. however the womans laughter seemed genuine so she tried to relax, after all she hadn't stolen anything.....yet.

She froze when the woman gripped her hand, turning it over, inspecting her, Serfie was instantly conscious of the myriad of scars, mostly small, some bigger and more visible, even under tanned flesh. She resisted the urge to yank it away though, cautious of offending the woman who commanded a big 'monster'

She let out a big breath at the womans next words and pulled her hand back when she released it "i.. uh..." she flushed, caught. "i dont really do baggy things" she said, a slight smile tugging at the corner of her mouth "they tend to get caught when you run through the brush and slow you down" she didn't add that what she was wearing was pretty much all she had, her other stuff more raggedy, but wearable and enough cover to be decent, she'd gone naked for a while when alone in the trees, no one around, but it had proven awkward and impossible to carry anything more than a few small things, so she'd stolen some rags from a Holdless camp.

Kyrieko
my turn to be sorry for how long its taken XD

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash