Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Customisation (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alex_Azaria

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:12 pm
I am almost positive someone has asked this somewhere in here, but I couldn't find it on a quick search so I thought it may just be a bit faster to ask directly...
This is a completely novice question but I am quite unfamiliar with the site and how it works... Where is the best place to buy new hair and eye selections and is there any way to do this with the in game currency?
Also, is it possible to change hair and eye colour of the default character you selected when starting your account and if so, how?
Thank you so much for your responses in advance heart
Sorry my question is trival but I am lost sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:00 pm
Alex_Azaria
I am almost positive someone has asked this somewhere in here, but I couldn't find it on a quick search so I thought it may just be a bit faster to ask directly...
This is a completely novice question but I am quite unfamiliar with the site and how it works... Where is the best place to buy new hair and eye selections and is there any way to do this with the in game currency?
Also, is it possible to change hair and eye colour of the default character you selected when starting your account and if so, how?
Thank you so much for your responses in advance heart
Sorry my question is trival but I am lost sweatdrop

Hi! You can change the hair and eyes of your base avatar at Shops > Salon Durem. Be sure to sort by price and color to make the search easier.

A lot of users wear items that cover their base (wigs and contacts). You can definitely search the marketplace with search terms like hair, wigs, bangs, extensions, eyes, contacts, face, etc.
To help narrow down your hair search, try starting with "cool hair," "warm hair," "light hair" and "dark hair." Those search terms should return a lot of items that are all wigs. c:

Edit; I just checked your join date. You'll get access to the marketplace on your 4th day of being on this site. > < The marketplace is where you can buy items that other users put up for sale. You buy items with gold (the in-game currency). This way, you can obtain premium items without using cash. Some items do have Gaia Cash options if the users allow it. You'd buy the item using cash, and the seller would receive gold from the transaction.
There's a lag on the trading pass (the thing that allows you to use the marketplace) because users used to abuse the system and delaying the trading pass helped cut down on that abuse.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Alex_Azaria

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:51 am
You are so very helpful! Thank you... although the game seemed to let me use the marketplace for some reason? I really appreciate your explanation though! It was very helpful smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:03 pm
Alex_Azaria
You are so very helpful! Thank you... although the game seemed to let me use the marketplace for some reason? I really appreciate your explanation though! It was very helpful smile

o: Interesting! I wonder if they finally abolished the trading pass system then. XD; And happy to help. c:  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Mew The Fisher

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:33 pm
I am an old user on a new account and I believe you are able to buy from the marketplace but you need a pass to sell anything  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games