Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
A bunch of questions. (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SenpaiiMedic

Original Humorist

5,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:34 pm
This is my first time on gaia online, once of my friends told me about this and i wanna to check it out and see what it had to offer. I have a lot of questions on this site, like what do achievements mean? What can i do with my gold beside buying clothes? Are the people here friendly like your group or are there only some people friendly? So many more if you would want please reply or message me. sweatdrop heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:33 pm
SenpaiiMedic
This is my first time on gaia online, once of my friends told me about this and i wanna to check it out and see what it had to offer. I have a lot of questions on this site, like what do achievements mean? What can i do with my gold beside buying clothes? Are the people here friendly like your group or are there only some people friendly? So many more if you would want please reply or message me. sweatdrop heart

Achievements.
Honestly, achievements don´t really mean a thing. It´s more a "bragging rights" kind of deal so you can show yourself off a little wink

Gold.
You can buy clothes, furniture for your home, buy a home, buy fish for your aquarium, invest them in various artists on Gaia who can draw stuff for you. Sometimes there´ll be events where you can sink some gold into them to get some special items, and achievements smile

People.
This guild here is super friendly, but as it is with everywhere in the world, and on the internet, there will always be some rotten apples. But rest assure that pretty much everyone in this guild is super friendly, and will always offer you a helping hand with a warm smile biggrin  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:01 pm
SenpaiiMedic

Some users are fanatic and try to collect every single achievement. Other users don't care about them at all.
In short, collecting the first several achievements help show you around the site. It gets you to change your avatar, to buy an item from the gold shop, to talk in forums, to tip other posts, etc.
And you can get silly little titles to add underneath your username in the forums.
For the most part, there's no real point to collecting them, but you'll want to do some of them so that you unlock 10 extra selling slots in your marketplace shop. You can see that in the first post of this thread: I ❤ Achievements ----- A Guide

Keep the questions coming! c:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:52 pm
Madeleine Heilburg
SenpaiiMedic

Achievements.
Honestly, achievements don´t really mean a thing. It´s more a "bragging rights" kind of deal so you can show yourself off a little wink

Gold.
You can buy clothes, furniture for your home, buy a home, buy fish for your aquarium, invest them in various artists on Gaia who can draw stuff for you. Sometimes there´ll be events where you can sink some gold into them to get some special items, and achievements smile

People.
This guild here is super friendly, but as it is with everywhere in the world, and on the internet, there will always be some rotten apples. But rest assure that pretty much everyone in this guild is super friendly, and will always offer you a helping hand with a warm smile biggrin

Thank you for the help, sorry this is a late post i been busy with school so i had to do testing.  

SenpaiiMedic

Original Humorist

5,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100

SenpaiiMedic

Original Humorist

5,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:57 pm
sdrawkcab
SenpaiiMedic

Some users are fanatic and try to collect every single achievement. Other users don't care about them at all.
In short, collecting the first several achievements help show you around the site. It gets you to change your avatar, to buy an item from the gold shop, to talk in forums, to tip other posts, etc.
And you can get silly little titles to add underneath your username in the forums.
For the most part, there's no real point to collecting them, but you'll want to do some of them so that you unlock 10 extra selling slots in your marketplace shop. You can see that in the first post of this thread: I ❤ Achievements ----- A Guide

Thank you very much.
I have a question about they money system I heard people talking about how the market flood and people were rising the prices on some items, is that why today we get golds so easy?
I also had a question about the games since I'm a gamer and well why does Gaia have some much sponsors games and people were talking about zOMG what is that?
Sorry, one more question, why does Gaia keep sending announcements about Gcash?  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:09 pm
SenpaiiMedic
sdrawkcab
SenpaiiMedic

Thank you very much.
I have a question about they money system I heard people talking about how the market flood and people were rising the prices on some items, is that why today we get golds so easy?
I also had a question about the games since I'm a gamer and well why does Gaia have some much sponsors games and people were talking about zOMG what is that?
Sorry, one more question, why does Gaia keep sending announcements about Gcash?

Wellll, our current marketplace is pretty stable. If anything, due to the Chance Items/RIGs in Lake Kindred, it's easier for users to obtain Premium Items than it was a year ago. What you're hearing are people who are getting used to the post-2013 marketplace. Users who are used to old prices get sticker shock... but.... once you sink in, items are actually rather cheap. > <
In 2013, a new CEO took over this site. Gaia started to release items that we refer to as "gold generators." They're the Cash Shop items that grant gold. Because of that, we have a lot of gold in the system and prices went up. > <
This thread has chronicled a lot of it:http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/welcome-back-the-gcd-s-inflation-recap-v-3/t.91957757/

XD I'm not sure why they keep doing the sponsored games, really. ^^;;
zOMG is an MMO that Gaia used to have. We look back at it with rose-colored nostalgia glasses. Really, the game wasn't that great. XD Have you visited Towns yet? The zOMG mechanics were sort of like that where it would re-load from screen to screen. There wasn't really a class system. Don't get me wrong. I loved the game. It was fun for what it was, but no WoW or anything. The game was removed because it needed work done. And, during that work, found out that there was a big security breach in the coding that could compromise our accounts. And it would've cost them more to fix the game than they thought it was worth. A lot of users loved the game, but it didn't make the site any money. I can probably find some old zOMG threads, but I've gotta run for now.

XD Annnnd that's another thing that has come with the 2013 CEO change. We get a lot more announcements advertising their Cash Shop items and the Gaia Cash sales.
I ignore it. (This site was losing money... The revamp that the new CEO did kept this site alive and turning profits again. So I don't mind a few extra announcements if that means this site is still here for me to use. > < )
Actually, I use an add-on/ extension just for Gaia. It lets me read all the announcements from one screen. I don't mind checking announcements because it's easier to flip through them. ....Among other things.
If you're interested, here are two extensions for Gaia. Both are good. XD I use one on Chrome and the other on Firefox just so I get the best of both worlds.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/bettergaia-since-2008/t.96293729/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/gaiaupgrade-updated-may-07-2016-v2-02/t.96435915/

Let me know if that helped or if you still have questions or any other questions. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items