Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Deleting Posts in Your Forum (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Yes!
View Results

Megaytron

Alien Invader

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:25 pm
Is there any way to delete comments in a thread you started? I have a thread about same-sex relationships in games, and I've gotten a few homophobic comments. I have reported them, but it's been a few days, and they comments make me quite anxious. Any help would be much appreciated!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 pm
Oh dear me, I sadly don´t think there is a way to delete them yourself.
As far as I know you can only flag the posts, or perhaps contact the Gaia Admins?  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Megaytron

Alien Invader

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:59 pm
Madeleine Heilburg
Oh dear me, I sadly don´t think there is a way to delete them yourself.
As far as I know you can only flag the posts, or perhaps contact the Gaia Admins?

Shucks, that's what I thought. Still, thank you for your speedy response! I might try an admin if the reports come back fruitless.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:26 pm
In some forums, thread creators have the ability to delete any posts made in their threads.
If you don't see a delete option near the quote option on those posts, then you can't delete them.

That's good that you reported them, and it's too bad that it's taking days to get a response. > < (Also, sorry to hear that you've had to deal with ignorant people in your thread.)

You can find a list of the mods for that forum at the top of the forum. (Here's the list smile
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/moderators/4/gaming-discussion/

You'll want one of the site moderators (I think ^^;; ). You can PM them to ask about the state of your report. Generally, they don't like multiple reports and multiple mods to be contacted since it slows them all down.
Either way, it looks like you might have to wait a while. > < Mods get lots of PMs, so you'd probably have to wait on a reply from them too.

Edit; until then, you can put them on your ignore list. Their posts will still exist. However, if I remember correctly, you at least won't see their posts. (They also won't be able to make new posts in your thread.)
One way to put them on the ignore list is to use the drop down menu found below avatars. The link to ignore people is the last option.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:24 pm
You can not delete your own post in forums. I have had to complain in the past once they would not help and the other time after a few weeks they deleted the post...Good luck.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games