Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
What are some good ways to play the Market? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Granous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:52 pm
I've somehow managed to get a little bit of gold, and I steadily want to gain gold through buying items cheap and selling them at a higher price. However, I don't seem to have enough money to buy anything of any importance. Do any of you have any tips for starting out in the Market? Thanks in advance! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 pm
It's a tough to start out without a lot of gold 3nodding I would suggest getting a 10 dollar Gaia cash card and then spending it on something in the cash shop to sell on market place for face value. If you don't have ten dollars in real life sweatdrop then I would suggest selling the hearts heart that come from your daily chance. I wish you the best of luck!  

MariDemure

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:18 am
I good way I have found to earn some gold is selling potions, yes potions!
Sometimes I play a good amount of Lake Kindred, and through there I earn both gold, items and potions. I sell the items I don´t want and sell the potions. Skill Plus potions can easily sell for 1bil, and sometimes you get a decent item you can keep or sell as you see fit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:19 pm
I tried to look for an updated guide on playing the market / vending / exchanging. I didn't see one.

Some people spend their time sniping the marketplace for miss-prices. You know, if someone accidentally sells a 2b item for 200m... profit! ...It's pretty hard to do because those snipers are fast... and have been doing it for a long time. x .x;;

And... knowing what to buy will take time. Spend time paying attention to the type of items people like. Some items go through a predictable drop. Like, for instance, a Chance Item (CI) might drop in price a few days after its release (because less people are paying attention to it) and will usually spike in price right after they're removed from the Cash Shop. Evolving Items (EIs) / Rapid Evolving Items (REIs) tend to evolve on Fridays. They'll often spike in price on Fridays. However, it can be a gamble because the price can also drop if it gets poses that most people don't like. Another thing to watch for are deflation RIGs (deflation CIs). For example, there's one right now. Depending on how long this CI is available for, those items will continue to devalue in the marketplace. And, since a lot of those items are quite popular, they'll spike in price again once the RIG is gone.

I.. don't play the market. I should, but I don't. So... that's the extent of my knowledge. I know the theory, but I can't pinpoint specifics. You might want to poke around the guilds and see if there are any active vending guilds. There used to be guilds dedicated to helping users learn how to vend and play the marketplace. (A lot of them also grouped together to AI (artificially inflate) item prices in the mp :/ so... boo to that. Avoid doing that.)

Unfortunately, as you said, it takes gold to make gold. Some other suggestions that haven't been said yet are:
Dumpster Dive. Click the button once every 5 minutes to get a random item. The items in the dumpster are donated by other users so the value can range from cheap to expensive (if lucky!). Sell them in the marketplace (or keep).
Earn free Gaia cash by watching videos, taking surveys or doing the free offers. It's a slow process, but the cash does add up. Soon, you'll have 99gc to buy and sell an item. (Be sure to check for which ones are selling for the most.) Or, continue to save up cash. The more the item costs, the more the cash to gold ratio usually is...

Edit; If you're curious and have some extra time, here's a thread where people post how they earn their gold. You might pick up some ideas. Just note, if someone mentions that the prize for raising certain kin to level 6 on lake kindred is 20b.... that's no longer true. It's been drastically nerfed.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:17 am
While browsing the forums, I saw a vending guild in someone's sig and it reminded me of this thread. Here's an example of the type of guild I suggested.
I can't personally vouch for this guild because I'm not a member of it, nor have I heard any others talk about it.
It's probably worth taking a look at: T3h Vending Guild

Do note that you must have 150 forum posts and have been on Gaia for at least 45 days to apply as a member. (They have a form to fill out.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 am
Browse there is lot of making gold guide available!  

Meeeki

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff