Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
The Most Terrifying Thing God Can Do

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:48 pm
The Most Terrifying Thing God Can Do

Warning. Sad and scary pictures.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:24 am
True. exclaim

And in other cases, but just as scary, God will make a righteous one and/or an innocent one suffer in front of you, because of your actions (but without that person retaliating) for you to feel the magnitude of just how hateful you are. So, why is there suffering in the world? So that we see firsthand why God's instructions must be obeyed: those commands were given, not to curb our fun, but to keep all of creation safe—including yourself, physically and emotionally, but others as well. When we don't obey, or fail to teach his ways, someone gets hurt.

Once in a while I come across this thought: since we're called to be like Jesus, that means we're being called to voluntarily suffer unmerited wrath at the hands of others, without retaliation, so instead of feeling justified in their actions they realize how evil they are. If we snap back in the same manner, then they feel we deserved their spiteful word / treatment. But when we don't retaliate, they realize they're the one in the wrong.

But sometimes not even that—going through suffering or seeing someone suffer (your own family, a stranger, suffering because of your choices)—is enough, and destruction is the destiny they've chosen. They're so in love with their sin, that they'd rather die than repent of their sin and live.

I pray we receive the discernment to recognize when we're being called to be that volunteer who says, "I'll be your lightning rod of hate" which God will use to soften the hearts of those watching.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces