Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
YOGA - Today's lifestyle for health

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:06 pm
YOGA - Today's lifestyle for health  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:43 pm
So Yoga is a bad exercise?? I use to do yoga in school during my Gym period in high school. It felt good, and I noticed how I became more agile and able to balance on one foot with ease. Plus, I felt very relaxed after the whole exercise was done. I didn't know that all the poses you do in yoga are actually ritual poses for Hindu gods. I now know more than what I did then.  

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:18 pm
Total Moon
So Yoga is a bad exercise?? I use to do yoga in school during my Gym period in high school. It felt good, and I noticed how I became more agile and able to balance on one foot with ease. Plus, I felt very relaxed after the whole exercise was done. I didn't know that all the poses you do in yoga are actually ritual poses for Hindu gods. I now know more than what I did then.

It is idolatry. I think it is wrong like we in the west have done to classify it as exercise because the idea behind it is not physical improvement. These moves were designed to lead the practitioner to enlightenment and awareness of his or her inner divinity. They have intrinsic meanings and just calling it something else will not remove that meaning.

Example;

User Image

Surya Namaskara (IPA: [suːrjɐ nɐmɐskɐːrɐ]; IAST: Sūrya Namaskāra) also known in English as Sun Salutation (lit. "salute to the sun") is a common sequence of asanas. Its origins lie in India where its large Hindu population worships Surya, the Hindu solar deity.  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games