Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
i am a cat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is bethany awesome
  pizza
  yes
  i am allergic to cats, esp. talking cats
View Results

BethanySundfor

Feral Fashionista

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 pm
hello, i am a cat

i like pizza, especially pizza that does not belong to me

its better when it's yours

hello, you can call me bethany (actually you can call me whatever you like, just dont call me late for dinner) and im 24

i had an old account in 2007 and i recently made this account to become active again on gaia

i dont understand achievements or giant talking clam gods or aquariums or what the difference between towns and towns 2 is

but thanks to the questions thread, i did figure out how one earns the right to have 20 market place listings, so cheers to that  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:13 am
                hello cat
                HAHA dw, you'll pick those up soon enough
                or just search up guides like this
                welcome back to gaia, and welcome to our guild! emotion_brofist

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Dusk-Rhyme

Mewling Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:56 am
yes yes welcome back little kitty =^.^=  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:53 pm
BethanySundfor
hello, i am a cat

hello, you can call me bethany (actually you can call me whatever you like, just dont call me late for dinner) and im 24

i had an old account in 2007 and i recently made this account to become active again on gaia

i dont understand achievements or giant talking clam gods or aquariums or what the difference between towns and towns 2 is

but thanks to the questions thread, i did figure out how one earns the right to have 20 market place listings, so cheers to that

Welcome! :D I've been realizing lately that pizza is one of my favorite foods. XD; So your intro made me laugh. I would've laughed anyway... but yeah. My pizza is mine. :>

I also like rambling about stuff, especially Gaia stuff. :3 Sooo~
As Pickled Cactus said, guides are your friend. Luckily, if you can find them, Gaians do have a guide for just about everything.
The third post in the thread linked by Pickled Cactus explains achievements well.

As to talking clam gods, that unfolded over Gaia Halloween, Christmas and summer events. The events were pretty memorable and I've seen lots of users talk about them fondly. I think the story is still technically ongoing. Your same reaction, "I don't understand giant talking clam gods" is basically how all the users felt too. We were all WTF is this story? But... the events were fun and the manga was full of classic Gaia jokes, even if it centered around two new characters.
This is how we were introduced to the Overseer: H2k9: Ginoverseer Revelations. It'll start picking up on page 3.
The aquarium feature was still pretty new at the time. And we were all shocked to find that the unsuspecting clam in our aquarium tanks disappeared during this story to go fight evil. (I forget what the clam was replaced with, but I think it was a character named Jaws. I don't remember when the clam returned to our aquariums.)

Aquariums. That's a big thing to ramble about. Umm~ it's just one of the many features on Gaia. You can choose to ignore it, to sort of get into it or to really super duper get into aquariums. You used to get an aquarium when you started, but now you've got to unlock an achievement to get an aquarium (check the guide Pickled Cactus posted).
One, ignore it... ignoring the feature won't negatively affect your experience.
Two, sorta get into it... You set up a tank by putting fish into it and keeping them happy. If you keep the fish happy, you get some items and gold from the clam each day. You can also get free (lite) fish from Dumpster Dive from the admin from time to time.
Or, you can get mega into aquariums and use them to earn gold. This requires either a lot of gold or cash for the initial investment. You also have to buy the right fish, tend to the aquarium, and... make sure your tank gets bumped whenever a game of "Booty Grab" is about to appear. You can make a ton of gold from running a good tank or you could also lose a ton of gold (your initial investment). ... There are tons of guides I can point you to if interested.

Either way, you don't need a tank in order to play the Booty Grab game.

As to Towns and Towns 2, I don't hang out there so I don't know the specifics. They both basically serve the same function even though they have different layouts. Towns 1 has really old coding and is susceptible to people running scripts. Towns 2 was made to replace Towns 1. Both are currently still up, though Towns 1 is supposed to be taken down eventually from what I heard. I haven't seen any updates about it in a loooong time though.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

BethanySundfor

Feral Fashionista

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm
Pickled Cactus
                hello cat
oh thanks bro -pawbunp-

yeah the achievements system looks massive and frustrating. o_o
Luka-Dream
hey now, im perfectly normal cat sized, you know, as far as cats go

but thanks m8
sdrawkcab
BethanySundfor
hello, i am a cat

Welcome! :D I've been realizing lately that pizza is one of my favorite foods. XD; So your intro made me laugh. I would've laughed anyway... but yeah. My pizza is mine. :>

As Pickled Cactus said, guides are your friend. Luckily, if you can find them, Gaians do have a guide for just about everything.
The third post in the thread linked by Pickled Cactus explains achievements well.

As to talking clam gods, that unfolded over Gaia Halloween, Christmas and summer events. The events were pretty memorable and I've seen lots of users talk about them fondly. I think the story is still technically ongoing. Your same reaction, "I don't understand giant talking clam gods" is basically how all the users felt too. We were all WTF is this story? But... the events were fun and the manga was full of classic Gaia jokes, even if it centered around two new characters.
This is how we were introduced to the Overseer: H2k9: Ginoverseer Revelations. It'll start picking up on page 3.
The aquarium feature was still pretty new at the time. And we were all shocked to find that the unsuspecting clam in our aquarium tanks disappeared during this story to go fight evil. (I forget what the clam was replaced with, but I think it was a character named Jaws. I don't remember when the clam returned to our aquariums.)

Aquariums. That's a big thing to ramble about. Umm~ it's just one of the many features on Gaia. You can choose to ignore it, to sort of get into it or to really super duper get into aquariums. You used to get an aquarium when you started, but now you've got to unlock an achievement to get an aquarium (check the guide Pickled Cactus posted).
Two, sorta get into it... You set up a tank by putting fish into it and keeping them happy. If you keep the fish happy, you get some items and gold from the clam each day. You can also get free (lite) fish from Dumpster Dive from the admin from time to time.
Or, you can get mega into aquariums and use them to earn gold. This requires either a lot of gold or cash for the initial investment. You also have to buy the right fish, tend to the aquarium, and... make sure your tank gets bumped whenever a game of "Booty Grab" is about to appear. You can make a ton of gold from running a good tank or you could also lose a ton of gold (your initial investment). ... There are tons of guides I can point you to if interested.

As to Towns and Towns 2, I don't hang out there so I don't know the specifics. They both basically serve the same function even though they have different layouts. Towns 1 has really old coding and is susceptible to people running scripts. Towns 2 was made to replace Towns 1. Both are currently still up, though Towns 1 is supposed to be taken down eventually from what I heard. I haven't seen any updates about it in a loooong time though.
-strangled noises-

this is the most ridiculous thing

thanks for all the info, i appreciate it  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:25 pm
BethanySundfor
hello, i am a cat

Welcome back to Gaia, cat wanderer emotion_awesome
your Post made me smile emotion_kirakira  

X_wishing_well_X

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:29 pm
BethanySundfor
Pickled Cactus
                hello cat
oh thanks bro -pawbunp-

yeah the achievements system looks massive and frustrating. o_o
Luka-Dream
hey now, im perfectly normal cat sized, you know, as far as cats go

but thanks m8
sdrawkcab
BethanySundfor
hello, i am a cat

-strangled noises-

it's confusing at first then it gets addicting ehehe
                basically, you do a specific task, and get rewarded with an achievement.
                the questing for those achievements is what's meant to be fun ahaha biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:39 pm
BethanySundfor
-strangled noises-

;D *curtsies*  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100