Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Hiya Everyone!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MetoFukuChan

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:07 pm
Hello everyone ^-^

Hope you're all doing well, hehe. I stumbled upon an NTSG banner somewhere on a forum when a really nice person helped another when they were asking a legitimate question and decided to check it out :3 I joined the guild a little bit ago, but was really busy with work so I never got around to doing a formal introduction. So, I now introduce myself.

I am Metofukuchan! When I joined Gaia in 2005, I was obsessed with the band Metronome especially the guitarist, Fukusuke. Thus, Metofukuchan xD I am 20+n years old, and not a complete noob to Gaia, but I feel like I am. (I had an account when it was GoGaia, but I have long since forgotten that login xD)
I'd log in like once or twice a year just to see what's going on but late December/ early January I decided to actually dig deeper c:

It was sooo overwhelming to come back.

Mainly because of the value of items sweatdrop
I decided to look up the prices of some of the items I REEEEAAALLY wanted in my old days in the market place. My jaw dropped. My beloved KiKi Kitty and CoCo Kitty were up for auction for fifty BILLION gold. I remember thinking they were expensive for 19k, but man, I tried my best to save up for them. (But I stopped short of the 19k because I had gotten busy with school.) crying
What happened to the market? Why is everything worth so much? I don't get it. I understand that these plushies have value, but there are newer things that cost in the TRILLIONS... sweatdrop

Anyway, I like to play loads of video games! I play them a lot, but I consider myself a casual player. I like handhelds significantly more than consoles; and I play more on my PC than I do consoles. Oh and I love Pokemon :3 I also like to watch tv shows *-* but not on tv, cuz commercials kill me a little bit scream so, I buy lots of DVDs :3 everyone on here seems super nice, so I hope I can help others in my place at some point in time!

よろしくおぬ害します。  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:07 pm
Welcome to the NSTG! n ___n Ahhh~~ yeahhhh the same Gaia is pretty much underneath it all, but it's hard to see it underneath all the market inflation. D;

Well, years ago with the introduction of RIGs/CIs, the idea of older equals more expensive went out the window. It's been rarer (plus demand) equals more expensive. The kiki kitty is a general mascot of Gaia so it's sort of kept its popularity while many, many (of the old) MCs had very little value. Too much supply.
Gaia's re-released a lot of the MCs. (Increasing the supply even more.) This dropped their prices. Gaia now has what it calls "Limited Quantity Items" that are only guaranteed to not be re-released for 6 months. And very few other items are promised to not be re-released, but I don't really trust that now...

As to why everything is so expensive in general, this thread will explain it all:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/welcome-back-the-gcd-s-inflation-recap-v-3/t.91957757/

I hope you've been able to settle in more over the past week and that it doesn't feel as overwhelming. ^ ___^; Either way, hopefully this guild will be a fun place to hang out. And hahaha I've been on a Pokemon kick again lately. Awesome. c:

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

MetoFukuChan

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 am
sdrawkcab

Thanks so much for the info! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:40 am