Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Ranty-poo.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Gaia too focused on Cash items?
  Yes! ]:
  No
  Take my money!
  I'm a peanut.
View Results

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:14 pm
I was surprised to see the new promotion on here where every amount of cash you buy, you win a prize. It makes me feel like they're begging us for our money, and it kinda peeves me off. I understand that the creators of this site need money to keep it up and running, and this is actually a great way to do it. However, with the inflation going on, and all these other promotions where you have to dump billions of gold to get items (the Tori giveaway), I feel like it's all a little overwhelming.
I just came back to Gaia a few months ago and nowadays it feels like you have to be rich to get anywhere on this site, and by rich I mean trillions of gold. That makes me sad in itself, but asking Gaians for the amount of cash they're asking ($101 USD for the top tier prize) is a little friggin insane.
What's sad is I'm actually considering buying. /:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:58 pm
MissLivingDeadGirl

Meh, just talking about money makes me sick, but the world does run on it.

So far I've stayed gc free and I'm pretty happy with what I have XD. Though, no one is going to hate you for buying items with gc if you really want to unless you buy gg's. heart

Pretending you have no money helps fight the urges! And the fact I actually have no money.  

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:16 pm
Althea Dawn
MissLivingDeadGirl

Meh, just talking about money makes me sick, but the world does run on it.

So far I've stayed gc free and I'm pretty happy with what I have XD. Though, no one is going to hate you for buying items with gc if you really want to unless you buy gg's. heart

Pretending you have no money helps fight the urges! And the fact I actually have no money.

I just want the Ominous Harvest Dusk Bundle so stinkin' bad. I need the widdo pumpkin reaper. crying
But alas, I could buy a lot more with my money than GC.
It doesn't help that I get financial aid, which is pretty much free money, that I'm so tempted to spend on crap. xd
Fight the urges!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:22 pm
MissLivingDeadGirl
XD I do too! But I took out less loans this year so I might not have any spare cash lying around in between rent and tuition if I don't find a part time job soon OTL.

Like my sister tells me.

More money, more problems. No money, no problems XD  

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:50 am
I've pretty much left the MP alone since I don't buy GC - or really wait until an item drops as much as it will before purchasing. It makes the items I do have - and gifts I receive - that much more valuable to me though. heart

I agree with the promotions though. Kind of wish there was an option to block all promotions. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:00 am
.... I don't know. x -----x I'm grateful for those who spend money on Gaia so that I may freeload, but that sounds like a bit much to spend all at one time. ... Mostly because items are prone to being re-released at any time.

Hell, I spent $25 on a dream item during the last Black Friday sale. What happened? I had a great time wearing the item and still do. However, it was re-released a couple months later in some 499c bundle with like four other items. x ---x Not only was it 1/5 the price, but I could've had multiple items! D:
<.<; I'd saved up that free Gaia cash for a few years, just waiting for the right time to spend. Ugh. I got caught up because it was the first time Gaia was putting certain CIs directly for sale in the CS. It was expensive at first.... then all the bundles arrived. If only I'd held out a couple more months. @ .@ But how could I have known? (Wait, I think I spent $15 on the item I'm talking about. I actually don't remember. XD; But still, same point.)

This new economy is great for cash users. Too bad I'm not one of them. XD (But last week I decided to start saving up my cash again for black friday. I hope to have 999c by that time if I'm pretty diligent about checking for videos and such. I haven't learned.)
But anyway, I'm not too phased about it all. I'm in love with the Daily Chance. <3 It allows me to afford all the gold shop items of my dreams~~ So right now, I'm pretty happy with all my gold shop items. xDD

....Or not. WTH. A GCDer pointed out that the store price has been raised on a few of the H&R Wesley items. Not happy. <.<"

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:27 pm
sdrawkcab
.... I don't know. x -----x I'm grateful for those who spend money on Gaia so that I may freeload, but that sounds like a bit much to spend all at one time. ... Mostly because items are prone to being re-released at any time.

Hell, I spent $25 on a dream item during the last Black Friday sale. What happened? I had a great time wearing the item and still do. However, it was re-released a couple months later in some 499c bundle with like four other items. x ---x Not only was it 1/5 the price, but I could've had multiple items! D:
<.<; I'd saved up that free Gaia cash for a few years, just waiting for the right time to spend. Ugh. I got caught up because it was the first time Gaia was putting certain CIs directly for sale in the CS. It was expensive at first.... then all the bundles arrived. If only I'd held out a couple more months. @ .@ But how could I have known? (Wait, I think I spent $15 on the item I'm talking about. I actually don't remember. XD; But still, same point.)

This new economy is great for cash users. Too bad I'm not one of them. XD (But last week I decided to start saving up my cash again for black friday. I hope to have 999c by that time if I'm pretty diligent about checking for videos and such. I haven't learned.)
But anyway, I'm not too phased about it all. I'm in love with the Daily Chance. <3 It allows me to afford all the gold shop items of my dreams~~ So right now, I'm pretty happy with all my gold shop items. xDD

....Or not. WTH. A GCDer pointed out that the store price has been raised on a few of the H&R Wesley items. Not happy. <.<"

I'm just so insanely impatient that it's hard for me to collect GC from the daily chances. T.T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:56 am
MissLivingDeadGirl

I'm just so insanely impatient that it's hard for me to collect GC from the daily chances. T.T

Ugh, me too! I hate this cash system. It usually doesn't offer me any videos. I rarely check it now.

When I first started collecting that cash, the system worked differently. The videos appeared in pop ups. You didn't even have to watch. I'd just click the tree ten times (the max) and earn 10gc per day.
While 10gc wasn't much, it was at least guaranteed. And fast. It took a long time to gather that 2500c, but at least it was less annoying. > < (Oh. Plus we went through a while where I could earn 25 - 50gc/day pretty regularly. It's too bad I didn't check it more often or I would've had more cash. @ 3@)

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items