Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
The Greatest Escape. (Prison Escape RP.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:56 pm
So I've been gone for a while and yesterday I had a random flash of creativity. I remembered doing a prison escape roleplay a couple years ago, but it never went very far unfortunately. So I thought in might be interesting to try and start one up again following a pretty similar set up.

Anyways, prison escapes are a pretty standard concept, however this escape takes place on a recently formed volcanic island (it's not exactly a volcano, but an island formed by a volcano) in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Scientists were originally debating whether to study the island or not, but years of war pushed the island more to obscurity. Once the wars concluded however, a great deal of crime was still left over, and the need for a prison that could achieve a level of security above what any other had achieved before. So it was decided that the island would host a maximum security prison, primarily under international control. However, because of this it means that the topic of the death penalty has been heavily under debate. Since it is primarily under the control of the International Court of Justice, the death penalty is not an acceptable punishment, meaning that most of the criminals sent here will not face execution.

One would think that regardless, a prison like this would be inescapable. However, one of it's flaws has been that many weapons, armor, and other items owned by prisoners have been kept in the prison with them after they have been in court, the reason being that it's become difficult for police departments to continue storing the growing amounts of items used or owned by perpetrators. This doesn't mean the items and weapons are easy to access though, as they are all kept within a massive vault attached to the prison's armory.

There are four levels of security at the prison; Low, Medium, High, and Solitary Confinement. In the Low security area (reserved for thieves, drug dealers, etc.) there is their own section of living quarters and a cafeteria, but it is also directly connected to the main prison cafeteria. The Medium level section (reserved for violent offenders, repeat thieves, drug producers, hackers, etc.) also has it's own living quarters and direct access to the main prison gym and recreational areas. The High Security Area (reserved for murderers, rapists, very violent offenders, and other persons who are considered highly dangerous) has a living quarters as well, and direct access to the prison armory (which is heavily guarded). And finally, the Solitary Confinement area. This place is reserved for the absolute worst of the worst, the most dangerous, most psychotic individuals you can name. Terrorists, mass murderers and rapists, war criminals, and other scum bags are kept here, partly to keep other prisoners from killing them, but mostly to keep them from killing anyone else. This section has direct access to the prison's computer and tech section, which has a moderate amount of protection (it's not viewed as importantly as the armory).

So there you have it, the prison. It has other amenities as well, the warden's office, barracks for the guards, watch towers, boat docks, and a few helicopter pads. This place is heavily guarded and virtually impossible to get out of, but the world is about to be shown that it's trust was misplaced. There is no longer any doubt that the people in this prison have had enough, no the real question is, who'll survive long enough to get out?

I'm thinking of turning this into a full fledged roleplay, IF people are interested. It will involve gangs as well I should mention, both real life and fictional, so think about who you want to throw your hat in with. Any ideas you have to tell me would be greatly appreciated, just throw things at me and I'll let you know what I think. If enough people are interested, then we'll go ahead with it.

Thanks for your time everyone, and if you do join, then good luck escaping. You'll need it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:01 pm
Bump. I'll try posting some character profiles soon if anyone is interested. This roleplay won't be as in depth as some of my other ones, it's mainly just for quick fun. Hoping to get more in depth with my other roleplays when my life settles down a bit.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:23 pm
Kay, so for anyone who is actually interested, here is a character skeleton, hoping some people actually are interested in this. sweatdrop

Username:
Name:
Race/Nationality/Species: (May allow non-human characters, depending on how everyone feels.)
Orientation:
Personality:

Gang: (Optional, you don't have to be in a gang, but it might be fun to be.)
Occupation: (Job basically, within the gang or outside of your criminal activity.)
Crimes:
Level of Security: (What security level of the prison are you kept in?)
Education:

Religion/Philosophy: (Lack of religion, ie. Atheist or agnostic, is also accepted here.)
Political Ideals: (Optional. If your character supports one political group/idea or another, you can mention it here. Talk to me if you want to know a little about which sides you may want to choose.)

Biography:

Skills: (The stuff you're good at. This could be cooking, fighting, driving, or even something more brainy like chemistry if you like.)

Home: (Where are you from? Town/City, country, etc.)

Weapons:
Clothing/Armor:
Powers: (Magic and what have you, may or may not have depending on how people feel.)

Picture/Description: (Of your character)
Theme Song: (Also optional?)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm
I suppose some gang ideas might be handy too, eh? Well, I'll throw some out then, but don't hate me if you don't like them! Give me ideas to work with instead if you think you have better ideas, because chances are you might! xd

MS-13

Triads

Yakuza

A mix of different Mexican cartels (Zetas and such)

Irish Mob, Italian Mob, Russian Mob, and every other mob you can probably name (even the Jewish one if you're brave enough to try!)

Maybe Bloods and Krips, but I have no idea where their violence levels are at these days, so hard to say.

Also, there are other groups you can try, like terrorist groups and such. Ask me if you want some advice for this.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:44 pm
Well me personally since we're using actual gangs I'd like to state a fact you probably don't know about me. I'm from Westside Five-Deuce Hoover Gangster Crip, I've got it tattooed on my bacc. In jail Hoover's are always deep. Anyways you're forgetting tHe mid west gangs.

The organization tHe people's nation consists of several different large gangs
They use red & gold as tHeir main colors tHey use the 5 pointed star & 5 point crown as universal symbolism

People's Nation:
Latin Kings(LKs primarily wear blacc & gold, tHey say Amor de Rey to greet one anotHer, meaning love of kings I believe)

La Raza

the almigHty Black P. Stones

Vice Lords(VLs use tHe playboy bunny, a top Hat & cane in tHeir symbols)

Bloods(particularly the United blood nation which is like eastern america bloods)

Mickey cobras

The folks nation also consists of large gangs
THey use the star of David & pitcHforks as universal symbols & wear black blue & red & grey. THey are Hostile towards all otHer people's nation gangs

Folk Nation:
Gangster Disciples (GDs)

Blacc gangster disciples (BGD's tHey prefer BD's tHougH. THey beef Hard witH GD's & tHe people's nation tHere numeric code is 3)

Satan disciples(SDs)

Four corner Hustlers

As for tHe crips & bloods. THere's to mucH to explain. Just know otHer tHan blue crips wear gold, Orange, blacc, purple, green, brown, & grey depending on tHeir set. My personal set wears blue & Orange.

Bloods besides red wear blacc, burgundy, & green to my knowledge, tHe west coastbloods not tHe east coast ones.

Hoover Criminal Gang Hoover's split off from tHe crips except for 2 sets, tHe 52s wHicH is my set & tHe 112s. THe Hoover Criminal sets are 43, 59, 74, 83, 94, & 107. Hoover's are abk (anybody killers), but make alliances witH otHer gangs  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:59 pm
Reo Kage

Thanks for the insight! I don't know if we can get quite that in depth with all the gangs, but I do really appreciate this. I'd remark on your gang involvement, but I'm not overly sure what would be appropriate to say other than I wish you the best of luck at all times. Now, given that the time period this takes place in is in a somewhat modern, but with some more futuristic advancements (nothing too huge, but things in this world will be slightly more advanced) that means that gangs will probably be slightly different as well, which help in keeping things a little more simple for everyone, but also hopefully will make things more interesting as well. We can all give some in put into this of course, so let me know if you have any ideas.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:50 pm
Bump. Still looking for more roleplayers if anyone is interested. I'll try and get my own characters up at some point soon, but I'll be a little while yet with that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:06 pm
Alright, so here's my first profile! This marks the return of an old personal friend of mine, someone I'm sure you'll all learn to love and hate, or remember to hate for that matter, if you've known him before. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the world's premier psychopath!

Username: Lord Sithious
Name: Adam Bentley
Race/Nationality/Species: Goostumblavian (fictional country), possibly part British. Born and raised in the US.
Personality: Too many to count. Psychotic, deranged, and pure evil. He can portray all ranges of "personality", however these aren't just pieces of his personality (more on this in bio).

Gang: Not in a gang, works for Bobby Gibb Science Incorporated (which is currently undergoing criminal investigation).
Occupation: Doing science experiments that are morally condemnable by nearly all of mankind.
Crimes: Cannibalism, murder, war crimes, illegal experimentation, robbery, terrorism, corruption, and numerous other crimes. Also known as a serious user of drugs and alcohol, as well as something of a small time dealer.
Level of Security: Solitary Confinement.
Education: Small schools dotted around East Harlem during his child hood, then a high level of education at a number of universities in New York and the rest of the New England area of the USA. Graduated with a number of degrees in nearly every science known to man, plus programming and engineering.

Religion/Philosophy: Narcissistic belief in superiority and the love of absolute chaos and randomness. He wants the world to burn and sit on a throne on the ashes.
Political Ideals: Chaotic dictatorship (anything goes, mostly for him).

Biography: Born to poor parents in East Harlem, Adam had a tough life growing up, which explains how he got the way he is. At age 10, Adam was in the middle of a gang drive by shooting, and a stray bullet hit him in the head. Amazingly he survived, but something was odd about him. He would talk to himself as if he were multiple different people that could all talk with each other, and he seemed more violent. Doctors eventually decided to do a brain scan, where they made a startling discovery. Multiple patterns of brainwaves were detected coming from his brain, as if multiple people were all inside of his head at the same time.

Things only got worse from there, as eventually Adam killed his entire family, pets included. He showed a disturbingly deep interest in science, something that came out in the murder of his family. He was placed into foster homes, and from here rose quickly through schools. University was a breeze for him, and he soon made a name for himself as a scientific genius. This soon caught the attention of Bobby Gibb Science Incorporated, a shady but influential multinational corporation, with an even shadier owner. Bentley has made headlines over and over again as accusations of war crimes, illegal experimentation, and many other horrifying things arise. The civil war in Goostumblavia, something he was heavily involved in, eventually changed in such a way that it forced Adam to return to New York. A few years later, the International Criminal Court finally presented enough evidence to get vast search warrants for most of Bentley's properties, and the evidence gained from that allowed the courts to sentence Adam to a life sentence in prison, though many nations are currently lobbying for a death sentence.

Skills: Biology, chemistry, engineering, hacking, robotics, using some firearms, and much more. Can learn new skills very quickly as well, when needed. Also said to have luck that is virtually inhuman (part of why he's alive today).

Home: New York City and New York State, previously Goostumblavia.

Likes: Eating human flesh (and the flesh of not-quite human things), killing people, using drugs, causing pain, cooking, science, and many other strange things.
Dislikes: Good people, people that get in his way, not causing pain, nice things, the works for an evil genius.

Weapons: Fill this in later
Clothing/Armor: Fill this in later
Powers: His inhuman luck.

Picture/Description: Adam Bentley
Theme Song: Fill this in later

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious