Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Doctor gave up on my aunt- Update: She passed away

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:26 am
UPDATE
She has passed away now.
Thank you very much for all the supports. I got supports when I need it (even in short period of time such as this) and I am grateful for that.
God bless you all heart

Short story: she had leukemia and bleeding in her brain, right now coma- doctor gave up!
But There. Is. HOPE in Jesus smile
I am glad to still have Him to cling on to, when all else vanish.
May I kindly request your prayer too? Thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:25 am
Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Make use of this excellent opportunity you who are reading this, to serve your sister in prayer, since it is God's will that we pray for one-another (James 5:16). There is (only) hope in Jesus, like Meili says. Let's pray then for her aunt, that she gets to experience this hope, in Jesus name.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:59 am
I will pray for you and your aunt. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:14 am
As will I. Family is one thing that we have to cherish while we have it in this world.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi
But There. Is. HOPE in Jesus smile
I am glad to still have Him to cling on to, when all else vanish.
May I kindly request your prayer too? Thank you!

Amen. Her doctor may have given up, but God has the final say. May His will be done in your family's lives and in your Aunt's life. My dad was told that he would only have 3 months to live. But God gave him about a year to live. I still don't quite grasp why my dad died a year ago from cancer..but I'm picking up bits and pieces of what I think is His will. For one, before the news of my dad's cancer, my family and I didn't really have a relationship with God. But I can look back and see how God has moved in our lives before, during, and after those times. He's used a family friend and their family to help us along with Bible Studies and getting to know God and discussing His Word together. He's brought us so much strength [which was honestly surreal], comfort, peace, hope, love, more people into our lives, support, and even joy.

When my dad was bed ridden, I read Bible verses out to him for comfort despite him not being able to talk that much anymore from the cancer spreading to his brain. But the important thing was that He believed in Jesus Christ. He also witnessed seeing white angels all around him while he couldn't walk anymore. My dad was young. He was only in his early 50's. Strong and brave. It was hard..so I understand how hard it may be to see your Aunt in that state. Just remembering him brings tears but I have faith that, even though he has passed away [in the Bible it is described as him being "asleep"], I have faith that God will make him rise again when Jesus returns. But anyway, if possible, I highly encourage you and your family to read Bible verses to her [especially in regards to the Gospel message]. She may not be able to respond physically but I'm sure she'll be able to hear what's being said around her. emotion_bigheart

Don't give up on Him, Meili 3nodding Trust God.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:50 am
Garland-Green
Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Make use of this excellent opportunity you who are reading this, to serve your sister in prayer, since it is God's will that we pray for one-another (James 5:16). There is (only) hope in Jesus, like Meili says. Let's pray then for her aunt, that she gets to experience this hope, in Jesus name.

Thanks for posting this in the announcement and for your such a wonderful comments, Captain! Really appreciate it heart

Angelus1987
I will pray for you and your aunt. wink

Thank you for your support

Kaosujin Ryu
As will I. Family is one thing that we have to cherish while we have it in this world.

I am so agree with you! Thank you!

Spirit Reborn

Amen. Her doctor may have given up, but God has the final say. May His will be done in your family's lives and in your Aunt's life. My dad was told that he would only have 3 months to live. But God gave him about a year to live. I still don't quite grasp why my dad died a year ago from cancer..but I'm picking up bits and pieces of what I think is His will. For one, before the news of my dad's cancer, my family and I didn't really have a relationship with God. But I can look back and see how God has moved in our lives before, during, and after those times. He's used a family friend and their family to help us along with Bible Studies and getting to know God and discussing His Word together. He's brought us so much strength [which was honestly surreal], comfort, peace, hope, love, more people into our lives, support, and even joy.

When my dad was bed ridden, I read Bible verses out to him for comfort despite him not being able to talk that much anymore from the cancer spreading to his brain. But the important thing was that He believed in Jesus Christ. He also witnessed seeing white angels all around him while he couldn't walk anymore. My dad was young. He was only in his early 50's. Strong and brave. It was hard..so I understand how hard it may be to see your Aunt in that state. Just remembering him brings tears but I have faith that, even though he has passed away [in the Bible it is described as him being "asleep"], I have faith that God will make him rise again when Jesus returns. But anyway, if possible, I highly encourage you and your family to read Bible verses to her [especially in regards to the Gospel message]. She may not be able to respond physically but I'm sure she'll be able to hear what's being said around her. emotion_bigheart

Don't give up on Him, Meili 3nodding Trust God.

Thanks for sharing. She is also in her early 50's and still have kids in primary/secondary school. I imagined it will be hard for them..
Does it mean that the deads are asleep, they are not in heaven by now?  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:14 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Their bodies sleep. Their spirit, their souls, don't. Heaven, I am certain, is just as real as this world is.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 am
Kaosujin Ryu

Their bodies sleep. Their spirit, their souls, don't. Heaven, I am certain, is just as real as this world is.

I am happy for such faith that you have. 3nodding I believe that heaven is real too

I did a little bit of research and found this:
Q: What happens to believers when they die?

A: Certainly, Paul uses sleep to refer to their state, but does this mean that believers experience (for lack of a better word) an unconscious sleep-like state until the future resurrection (Christ's second coming)? Those who advocate this position, called soul sleep, base it on passages such as 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18. But it should be noted that “sleep” as used here is euphemistic. It is not meant to convey actual sleep. In fact, the experience of the believer after death and before the end of the age when Christ returns is conscious, blissful communion with the Lord. Paul hints at this in 2 Corinthians 5:6–8 and Philippians 1:23.

Thus at death, the body lies in repose in the grave awaiting the resurrection of the last day, but the soul goes to be at home with the Lord. This is the doctrine of the intermediate state.
- How about if the body is burned though?
- If those who believe in Christ go to heaven straight away, so do those who reject Christ go to hell straight away? Or is there a temporary place for the souls?

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/dead-in-Christ.html#ixzz3ANIB3iHC  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:00 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
Kaosujin Ryu

I am happy for such faith that you have. 3nodding I believe that heaven is real too

A: Certainly, Paul uses sleep to refer to their state, but does this mean that believers experience (for lack of a better word) an unconscious sleep-like state until the future resurrection (Christ's second coming)? Those who advocate this position, called soul sleep, base it on passages such as 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18. But it should be noted that “sleep” as used here is euphemistic. It is not meant to convey actual sleep. In fact, the experience of the believer after death and before the end of the age when Christ returns is conscious, blissful communion with the Lord. Paul hints at this in 2 Corinthians 5:6–8 and Philippians 1:23.

Thus at death, the body lies in repose in the grave awaiting the resurrection of the last day, but the soul goes to be at home with the Lord. This is the doctrine of the intermediate state.
- If those who believe in Christ go to heaven straight away, so do those who reject Christ go to hell straight away? Or is there a temporary place for the souls?

If you judge by what Revelations 20:3 claims in 'Then the sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead; all were judged according to their works.' then it is very likely that there is a place where those who reject our Lord and Savior are placed before the final Judgment of the White Throne, though we must do what we can to save as many as possible for His Glory; as for cremation, it claims that our physical bodies, even if they are maimed, crushed, burned, ect. will be renewed in immortal perfection when He returns in Glory.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:35 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Thanks for sharing. She is also in her early 50's and still have kids in primary/secondary school. I imagined it will be hard for them..

1 Corinthians 15

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18New International Version (NIV)

Believers Who Have Died

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Jesus hasn't returned to Earth yet 3nodding There are certain things that need to take place first [revealing of the anti-Christ, etc] before He returns for those of us who believe in Jesus as our Savior/Messiah- whether dead or alive. I'm sure that those who have died and believed n Jesus Christ are under Abraham's care and are being comforted until the coming of Jesus Christ.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

If your Aunt believed in Jesus Christ, and His Gospel, then she has been marked with a seal.

Ephesians 1: 13-14
13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

May you be greatly encouraged by His Word. Perhaps..when the time is right..and you feel the Holy Spirit guiding you..maybe you can share some of the verses mentioned here along with the explanation of what they mean.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:37 pm
Kaosujin Ryu
Meili Kyumee Youichi
Kaosujin Ryu

If you judge by what Revelations 20:3 claims in 'Then the sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead; all were judged according to their works.' then it is very likely that there is a place where those who reject our Lord and Savior are placed before the final Judgment of the White Throne, though we must do what we can to save as many as possible for His Glory; as for cremation, it claims that our physical bodies, even if they are maimed, crushed, burned, ect. will be renewed in immortal perfection when He returns in Glory.

Thanks for the straight-forward answer 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:44 pm
Spirit Reborn
Meili Kyumee Youichi

1 Corinthians 15

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18New International Version (NIV)

Believers Who Have Died

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Jesus hasn't returned to Earth yet 3nodding There are certain things that need to take place first [revealing of the anti-Christ, etc] before He returns for those of us who believe in Jesus as our Savior/Messiah- whether dead or alive. I'm sure that those who have died and believed n Jesus Christ are under Abraham's care and are being comforted until the coming of Jesus Christ.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

If your Aunt believed in Jesus Christ, and His Gospel, then she has been marked with a seal.

Ephesians 1: 13-14
13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

May you be greatly encouraged by His Word. Perhaps..when the time is right..and you feel the Holy Spirit guiding you..maybe you can share some of the verses mentioned here along with the explanation of what they mean.

Thank you for the verses heart
I got another similar article which answer my questions (summarized below):

> For believers, death is to be “away from the body and at home with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). However, passages such as 1 Corinthians 15:50-54 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 describe believers being resurrected and given glorified bodies. It seems that while the souls/spirits of believers go to be with Christ immediately after death, the physical body remains in the grave “sleeping.”

> Luke 16:22-23 describes a rich man being tormented immediately after death. Revelation 20:11-15 describes all the unbelieving dead being resurrected, judged at the great white throne, and then being cast into the lake of fire. Unbelievers, then, are not sent to hell (the lake of fire) immediately after death, but rather are in an unpleasant temporary realm of judgment and condemnation.

Therefore, after death, a person resides in a “temporary” heaven or hell. After this temporary realm, at the final resurrection, a person’s eternal destiny will not change.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/what-happens-death.html#ixzz3AVkugRc8  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers