Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Polyamory Guild

Back to Guilds

Polyamorous education, discussion, support. 

Tags: polyamory, polyamorous, poly, nonmonogamy 

Reply Gaian Polyamory Guild
Luv on the interwebz ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:17 pm
(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥

I've been dating a few people that I met on the internet. And then I mean actually going on a rl date, not the IM crap people call 'dating' as well. But it never worked out.
I think afterwards it's because they come from a different place, live totally different lives before me and have totally different friends then I have.
Even though I lived together with one internetguy for a few years, the relationship was a wreck. Does this sound familiar?
The people I date now are people that have been around me or relatively close and that just seems to work a million times better!
Does anyone have anything to compare this theory with? Is it just me, or does it really make sense?

(¯`v´¯)
.`•.¸.•´ ★
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`* ♥  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:55 pm
heart  

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Oxyria

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:33 pm
I only met one person online, and we never ended up actually dating. We just hang out from time to time and she's super rad.

Weird things about this:
She's friends with a lot of my friends, all of whom I knew well before I met her. Her roommate was a friend of mine. Her other roommate was her ex, and the partner of another girl I was seeing at the time.

So, my conclusion was this: I am going to meet everyone I want in my life, and it doesn't really matter much how it happens.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:10 am
Oxyria
I only met one person online, and we never ended up actually dating. We just hang out from time to time and she's super rad.

Weird things about this:
She's friends with a lot of my friends, all of whom I knew well before I met her. Her roommate was a friend of mine. Her other roommate was her ex, and the partner of another girl I was seeing at the time.

So, my conclusion was this: I am going to meet everyone I want in my life, and it doesn't really matter much how it happens.

Awesome story! And ofcourse you should give any oppurtunity to meet nice people a chance, but your story also goes well with my theory: Relationships with people who you have friends and/or location in common with are more reliable then other.  

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Oxyria

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:51 pm
I think it's definitely a thing. I think partially because we share interests with those around us, but we're also pretty heavily influenced by people we actually hang around.  
Gaian Polyamory Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games