Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
Church at Cons?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sheacka

Seasonal Pieslinger

22,040 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:41 pm
The lessen that we are learning at the church we are going to is on discipleship. Last Sunday's (April 5th) was about the cost of discipleship. The difference between a disciple and a believer is "the croud" or the believer is okay with just knowing about god but a disciple wants to know god. I have to say Uncle Marty was a disciple, and is a light that is still greatly missed vary much. But the thing that got me thinking is that I'm a Christan and a RPer/Cosplayer. Grant it Anime and the Bible aren't things you would normally put together, but for me it's easy to have an Anime show me, incites of god, even though they normally have nothing to do with the bible. And grant it no one can stand on a wall like the Shingami do in Naruto, or have some odd power like in One Piece or X-Men (oh wait that one is from America).

So as Pastor Mark was giving his sermon on Sunday, the thing that kept popping in to my mind was conventions (cons). Sakura-con takes place during Easter weekend because that's when the Sakua-con workers can get the Seattle Convention Center, and A Sakura is a kind of cheery blossom, so it also has to be in the Spring. The last Sakura-con I went to there where like four or five different people dressed up as Jesus. I thought that perhaps there should be a panel for believers to go to even if for a little bit. After church I mentioned this to my mom whom said that she thought they most likely weren't dressing up as Jesus to be "smartalec" but I don't know, I mean, they had to have some knowledge about the stories if they were dressing up like him on Easter. I still kinda like giving a panel like that a try though, I don't really know what kind of a message to set up if I were to do something like that though. That is why I'm posting it on Facebook and in the Christian Gild I'm in on GaiaOnline. To see what other people think. We can only interpret the bible as we can, no one has the same point of view.

Lastly my Mom and I need some prayers of strength to endure our current test, as we are starting to run low.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:34 pm
This sounds like a good idea.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Sheacka

Seasonal Pieslinger

22,040 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:43 pm
OtakuKat
This sounds like a good idea.
Thanks you're the first one to comment on ether account, forgive my spelling I do the best I can, even with spell check...  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:58 pm
That does sound interesting. I'd likely attend if I was in the area. Something to consider is what is your intended audience? Who is your message for? What would you like your audience to receive, what sort of lasting impression?  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
Entertainment Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items