Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
One of the Great Old Ones has returned!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you one of the Great Old Ones as well?
  Yes
  No
  I like polls.
View Results

PlatypusShauni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:05 pm
Hello!
I was a member of Gaia Online in the olden days, before they started charging real money for anything. I recently grew tired of Facebook and other such communities so I thought I'd give Gaia another shot now.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:08 pm
Welcome back to the party. A lot has changed over the course of these years and the Cons outweigh the Pros. Yet the Cons can be dealt with, as long as you don't become annoyed by dozens of Announcements being notified to your account day by day by day. I came here from NeoPets in 05' and have been here ever since. Save for a full one year hiatus and a couple month hiatuses. However, hopefully you find your second run tolerable enough to find a sense of solace or worthwhile time to put into whichever sections of Gaia you deem fit.  

Mr Celtic Enigma

Revered Poster

PlatypusShauni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:48 pm
Mr Celtic Enigma
Welcome back to the party. A lot has changed over the course of these years and the Cons outweigh the Pros. Yet the Cons can be dealt with, as long as you don't become annoyed by dozens of Announcements being notified to your account day by day by day. I came here from NeoPets in 05' and have been here ever since. Save for a full one year hiatus and a couple month hiatuses. However, hopefully you find your second run tolerable enough to find a sense of solace or worthwhile time to put into whichever sections of Gaia you deem fit.

Yeah, I noticed the announcements thing. At first, I thought it was broken. xp
Any other specific Pros and Cons to look out for?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:06 pm
PlatypusShauni
Yeah, I noticed the announcements thing. At first, I thought it was broken. xp
Any other specific Pros and Cons to look out for?

Honestly, a few things. Gaia's been bringing back Flynn's Booty as a sense of gold hogging and trying to make people buy Gaia Cash more and more. The Announcements get increasingly much more annoying. Barton Towns doesn't have as many good quality roleplays as it used to in the golden days. Gaia Towns has become much more filled full of "Sharks" and "Trolls". Cybering has pretty much ceased to exist on Gaia Towns and anywhere on the site now. Cyber Bullying is still a problem, but it's slowly being taken care of. Overall, it's more of a "make sure you know who you're talking to before you befriend them" kinda' situation.  

Mr Celtic Enigma

Revered Poster

☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces