Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
My economy question (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inari No Jutsu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:15 am
As someone who hasn't been active since around 2011, I've noticed the market prices have skyrocketed (Ex. my Inari's Beads were under a mill, now they're around 20 mill.)

Can anyone explain to me what happened so I might try to understand the market economy again?

(P.S. sorry if this is a bad place for this question. It seemed like a bit of a grey area to me sweatdrop )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:29 am
People claim that its because of the gold giving CIs are to blame because they make gold more available. However I dont think its the case.

The inflation is more so the cause of people overpricing their items. Because they're getting more greedy. Thats not to say inflation is a new thing. Its been here since 2010, people are just noticing now.  

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200

siophaooo

Mythical Giver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:08 am
but you can't deny the fact that RIG items (Random Item Generator or in this case, Gold Generators) have contributed much to the inflation of most items. These Gold Generators introduced millions, if not, billions of gold into the economy making most of "luxury" items easier to be bought. In that case, owners of these "luxury" (ancient katana, OMG, Steel-plated ninja band etc) items have overpriced said items to garner more gold. That move have initiated the inflation in the market even for those *cheap* thousand worth items crawling their prices into steady millions.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:46 pm
Both are factors - if it was just people being greedy and looking for a profit, there would be no buyers except since they introduced the gold generators, there is enough gold to justify people placing prices so high (e.g. a person is willing to spend 50% of thier gold on a high priced item, pre- god generators, that number was much lower)  

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:49 pm
Inari No Jutsu

The inflation is due to gold generators. Everyone here gave a good explanation of what they are and how they affect the economy, but the guild has a thread that thoroughly explains the situation:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:27 pm
It's a really heated topic, but the main cause is the gold generators causing hyper inflation coupled with the greed of some users.  

Luna Azume

Timid Generator

IchigoNeko23

Firebreathing Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 am
gold generators and cash are the main problems  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:22 am
help?  

Charlotte Eliana Leontine

Adorable Kitten

fuccboidotcom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:08 am
Astra the Fae
People claim that its because of the gold giving CIs are to blame because they make gold more available. However I dont think its the case.

The inflation is more so the cause of people overpricing their items. Because they're getting more greedy. Thats not to say inflation is a new thing. Its been here since 2010, people are just noticing now.

The inflation wouldn't be because of people overpricing their items- that would just make things more expensive, not literally decrease the value of gold. Things cost more now because 1g is worth less than it was say 5 years ago. That's because of the gold generators releasing more gold into the economy. the more gold there is, the less scarce it is, so the less it's worth. and when gold is worth less, prices are jacked up to compensate.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games