Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Pray for Salt and Light

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harelia Dupont

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:00 am
I would greatly appreciate prayers for me. I've got a lot on my plate, especially recently.

My family is full of anxiety, health issues, and depression, and I'm the only one with my head above the water. My sister has really bad anxiety problems, she freaks out at nearly anything and chants "in Jesus name amen" over and over and freezes up. It's so hard to deal with, as she wasn't always this way. I don't know what happened but it's so hard to be her friend and sister, and let love cover her flaws.

My mother's job is hard on her. She works as a nurse and has to lift and transport very very heavy people and it's really wearing on her. She works in the total care unit, and takes care of a variety of issues. She's also very depressed and incredibly pessimistic. For instance, we have lived in the same house for 15 years now. The house is old, falling apart, and my mother constantly complains about it and always says she wants to move. Yet here we are 15 years and all of the problems of the house are still here and we haven't moved.
My father hides himself in his games. He's more of an annoying big brother than a dad. He only pretends to be a father when someone interrupts his gaming. I've been seriously looking into getting a job and moving out, but I don't want to be alone, living by myself, and I don't want to jump from one fire to another with a roommate. I'm going to school "full time" but I have bookoos of free time. I could have a full time job and maybe make school work too.

On top of all of this, I just broke up with my first love after a relationship of 2 years. I don't know why it didn't work, I don't know why it happened, I don't quite know what happened either. It's got my head spinning and my tummy sick. We're friends and that's great, but it still hurts. It makes it very hard to deal with everything. I'm incredibly stressed out and I don't know how I'm managing to wake up and handle the usual. I have no idea how I would handle getting a job and moving out anymore. I really am at a loss for what to do.

I ask for prayers, that I can make new friends, good friends. That God will guide me to where I am supposed to be and I can keep Him close, and glorify Him with all I do. That I can shine my light even though it's darker than it's ever been before. Please pray for me to not be defeated and that my trials will grow me closer to Him. Thank you so much for reading. May your day be blessed. - Harelia gaia_angelright  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:37 pm
Consider it done emotion_bigheart

Quote:
Matthew 18:19 (NIV)

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

You may know this well, but a reminder can't hurt: whenever feelings of anxiety or sorrow come, petition him about the situation so his peace can come over you.

Quote:
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

edit: remind your sister of that passage as well. The moments your mother complains, remind her to be grateful that you even have a house and aren't on the street. There's always something to be thankful for. As for your dad: I use to use gaming as an escape to avoid my family (before coming to Christ that is). I didn't really love them. It wasn't until we were on the same page spiritually that we started acting like one. Have you tried showing them verses? are they all believers? The bible, showing them verses, helping them apply it, along with prayer is the only thing that ever fixed anything in my family.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:52 am
I will pray 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:43 am
Garland-Green
I will pray 3nodding

Thank you so much! heart heart  

Harelia Dupont

Harelia Dupont

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 am
real eyes realize
Consider it done emotion_bigheart

Quote:
Matthew 18:19 (NIV)

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

You may know this well, but a reminder can't hurt: whenever feelings of anxiety or sorrow come, petition him about the situation so his peace can come over you.

Quote:
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

edit: remind your sister of that passage as well. The moments your mother complains, remind her to be grateful that you even have a house and aren't on the street. There's always something to be thankful for. As for your dad: I use to use gaming as an escape to avoid my family (before coming to Christ that is). I didn't really love them. It wasn't until we were on the same page spiritually that we started acting like one. Have you tried showing them verses? are they all believers? The bible, showing them verses, helping them apply it, along with prayer is the only thing that ever fixed anything in my family.

heart Thank you for the verses. I will keep them in mind. Unfortunately it is problematic to quote then as my sister reacts badly to quoting verses; it makes her feel worse for knowing them and not following them. I have also tried talking with my parents and mentioning verses (as they say they are believers), but I'm trying to be respectful to my parents, and they feel that it is disrespectful for me to "point out their flaws". It's just not my place as their child to help them with this. They need a friend to wake them up, and I cannot be what they need in that regard. However, I will stay strong, put out an example and try to be salt and light to my family. I'm sorry if i came off as a debbie downer. I really truly appreciate the thought you put into replying to me and I will keep those verses close to my own heart. Thank you so much for praying for me. heart  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games