Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
I've a challenging request!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 pm
So, there's a song that I've wanted to build a roleplay around for a while now. Problem is, I can't hammer it all out in a way that I like. So, I'm asking someone else to give it a whirl and roleplay it with me! I'd like it to incorporate some kind of fantasy (perhaps Fae?) but if not, that's alright too! Oh, and this is one that I would like the female role for.

THE SONG:

She Moved Through the Fair (Celtic women, my favorite version)
She Moved Through the Fair (Josh Groban, technically proper because it's from the the point of view of a young man...)

THE LYRICS:
Celtic Women version

My young love said to me
My mother won't mind
And my father won't slight you
For your lack of kine.

And she stepped away from me
And this she did say
"Oh, it will not be long, love
'Til our wedding day".

She stepped away from me
And she moved through the fair
And fondly I watched her
Move here and move there.

And she made her way onward
With one star awake
As the swan in the evening
Moves over the lake.

Last night she came to me
She came softly in
So softly she came
Her feet made no din.

And she laid her hand on me
And this she did say
"It will not be long love
'Til our wedding day".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 am
Ria_The_Wolf12

I love this song!! I'll help you smile What were you thinking of doing, exactly?  

soreanna_19

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 am
soreanna_19
Ria_The_Wolf12

I love this song!! I'll help you smile What were you thinking of doing, exactly?

Ha ha, that's what I'm trying to decide!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:15 pm
Ria_The_Wolf12

How do you feel about her being a changeling, if we did Fae? The song's got the right amount of love and happy things (fairs, weddings) and supernatural creepiness (her feet made no din, moves like swans in starlight) that it could work...  

soreanna_19

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:22 pm
soreanna_19
Ria_The_Wolf12

How do you feel about her being a changeling, if we did Fae? The song's got the right amount of love and happy things (fairs, weddings) and creepiness (her feet made no din) that it could work...

Hmm, yes that could work very well...plus changelings were often killed in infancy by their host families or, when they grew to a certain age, would run back to their own kind. So there's something there as well...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:31 pm
Ria_The_Wolf12

Given the context of the song, it's safe to say she's grown, and we could make the conflict of the story be that:
she has to go back to her kind but can't because she's in love which she has to hide because he's human and it's forbidden;
or
she can somehow get the Queen (Light or Dark, whichever) to change him into a fae if he renounces his human life.

EDIT: My mistake, I more meant the Seelie and Unseelie courts, if we go that route.  

soreanna_19

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:53 pm
soreanna_19

Right, if she'd known him since childhood it would have made her stay; and it was believed that Faeries could gain a soul through marriage to a human. That could be a reason that they wouldn't want her to be with him as well, he'd be taking one of their own away from them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm
Ria_The_Wolf12

The plot thickens~!!  

soreanna_19

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:06 pm
soreanna_19

Indeed!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:32 pm
Ria_The_Wolf12

I was reading, and on Wikipedia it said that changelings are not limited to fey, but apply to any being thought to exchange young with humans, including elves, trolls, demons, dragons, and other legendary beings.
I'm just mentioning this in case we want to keep our options open. If we do go for faeries, we'll have to decide which mythology to follow.  

soreanna_19

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:53 pm
soreanna_19
Ria_The_Wolf12

I was reading, and on Wikipedia it said that changelings are not limited to fey, but apply to any being thought to exchange young with humans, including elves, trolls, demons, dragons, and other legendary beings.
I'm just mentioning this in case we want to keep our options open. If we do go for faeries, we'll have to decide which mythology to follow.

Well, for the Faeries I was thinking Celtic, as the song is a Celtic folksong.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:08 pm
Ria_The_Wolf12

So to what I've found, there's social and solitary Celtic faeries, but only social ones do changelings. The social ones are ruled by a King and Queen, and are the feasting dancing singing kind. So, that's convenient.

What time period were you thinking of doing?  

soreanna_19

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:22 pm
soreanna_19

Yeah, Queen Titianna (or sometimes Mab) and King Oberon. And I was thinking medieval, when people held faeries to be real.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 pm
Ria_The_Wolf12
soreanna_19

Yeah, Queen Titianna (or sometimes Mab) and King Oberon. And I was thinking medieval, when people held faeries to be real.

Ok, medieval, not Renaissance, or even modern times in a Renaissance fair, correct?  

soreanna_19

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff