Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Reporting w/o consequence? [SOLVED!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:40 pm
I'm a VC for a friend's guild. I made a new homepage for her, an invite description, and event ideas.
Later, I found out that a girl in the crew took the exact guild homepage, invite description, and event ideas and put it on her own guild.

I warned her multiple times to take it down or else I'll report her for taking my work without asking, even after I said not to. I was about to report her and her guild for violating ToS #7, but then the form said that abusing the report system (or something like that) would result in being banned.

If I do report her/her guild, will I definitely get banned if it's considered "wrongly reporting"?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:15 pm
I think this situation is all about a personal point of view. In my opinion, it wouldn't be wrong. But it would be nice to message an admin and just give them a heads up. If they say that it is not considered wrongly reported, I would report it. I hope I helped. c:  

Azyiie

Human

18,450 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:32 pm
We have had this problem before- people stealing NSTG content. We have always reported these instances, and no harm has ever come to us. It is against the TOS to steal someone elses content- so, yes, you can safely report this. Be sure to include lots of links to your guild and theirs, and if possible, anywhere in the forums or guild where you were discussing the layout and information as it was being created in order to prove that you did it first.

However, if this person has not stolen exactly what you made and instead only took inspiration from it and did the work herself, then there is nothing you can do as being inspired by something is NOT against the TOS.

Also, in the future, never tell someone that you are going to report them. This is considered harassment, which you can in turn be reported for. If you need to send a report, just do so smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:46 pm
In addition to what Daypaw said, you should also add screen shots, just in case the person takes the stolen content down just long enough for the mods to not see.

I don't see why you would be penalized, especially when the whole thing is just morally wrong. Just sayin'.  

Emmy Noether

Fluffy Bunny

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:55 pm
Additional note- back when I had first joined Gaia, a friend and I ran a thread together. Someone took our entire intro post (just text- not even graphics) and made a carbon-copy of the thread, so we reported that and the stolen content was removed. We were not penalized in any way.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:59 pm
Thank you to all who answered! I'll send the report on the weekend.  

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:10 pm
Daypaw

Oh I forgot to ask about something- When I sent the report form, the page just sort of "reloaded" and I just saw the same "Report Guild" page with the text that I entered and everything. Is that supposed to happen? I didn't want to risk re-submitting it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:50 pm
r a i n i i_d a i s

Good Luck ! heart  

Hungry Hungry Himbo

Friend

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:58 pm
Hi there!

You can only report a guild once, so if it lets you submit a second time, it didn't go through the first time. I know this because I visited a guild I've reported before, clicked "report this guild," and was taken to a page that said that I couldn't report the same guild twice. So don't worry! smile

r a i n i i_d a i s
Oh I forgot to ask about something- When I sent the report form, the page just sort of "reloaded" and I just saw the same "Report Guild" page with the text that I entered and everything. Is that supposed to happen? I didn't want to risk re-submitting it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:19 pm
Ebania
Hi there!

You can only report a guild once, so if it lets you submit a second time, it didn't go through the first time. I know this because I visited a guild I've reported before, clicked "report this guild," and was taken to a page that said that I couldn't report the same guild twice. So don't worry! smile

Alrighty~ Thanks for the help!  

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Rika

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:54 pm
Daypaw
Additional note- back when I had first joined Gaia, a friend and I ran a thread together. Someone took our entire intro post (just text- not even graphics) and made a carbon-copy of the thread, so we reported that and the stolen content was removed. We were not penalized in any way.[/quote

I've had this happen before to a few friends and the thread that stole our content got taken down pretty quick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:06 pm
I just submitted the form again, and this time it went through and I got a confirmation code. Thank you to all for your advice and help!  

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items