Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer Request: That God will Help Me Through Hard Times

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 pm
I'm 18 and now things have gotten so horrible in my life. My mother has stage four cancer and everything else is just breaking and falling apart. I've backsliden and would love to stop sinning and really work harder on my relationship with Christ. I do love Him so much but don't show it well.
No one knows the stuff I'm going through. Please pray that God will see me through this. I just need His help so badly even though I do not deserve it at all.
Please pray I will be a warrior for Christ and that He will see me through this terrible time.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:19 am
Jesuslittleprincess

Praying for you both..
My father had stage 4 lung cancer- [he quit when he was very young.]
Not sure if I've mentioned this previously to you before but it was definitely tough..and even though I was told to be strong for my dad..and family. My dad ended up being strong for all of us despite what he was going through. And that, in turn, helped me to be strong. I made sure my dad would always hear the words: I love you, and that he'd always have a smile on his face through my smile. I guess what I'm trying to say is..no regrets. ♥ Sometimes it's hard to shine and pull through..I wanted to fill my dad's days with good memories. And through the strength of God, He'll see you both through. Just keep reading His Word, pray, and seek Him in all your ways. He is our greatest comforter through Jesus.

Looking back when my dad was still with us, I've seen God working in the midst of our difficult times. God sent us support and help through others. Through our friends and family. He sent us food when we didn't have the strength and will to cook- through others and even neighbours. He sent us medical aid, equipment, medical staff/nurses- all free. If your family hasn't already- definitely check out what your government/hospital can do for you to help you and your mom.
Keep persevering and trust God. Trust Him always.

Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
---------------------------------
2 Timothy 2:1 ESV

You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus

Matthew 6:31-33 ESV

Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

James 5:11 ESV

Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

1 Corinthians 15:58 ESV

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

emotion_hug be strong, Cheyenne.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm
I am praying for you as well. Though i am not close to my mother, i do feel i understand in a way what your going through. If you need to talk to someone, i can lend you my ear. I am always here for my friends.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 pm
*praying*  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:02 am
Though I'm a bit late, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. smile